Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently purchase a 2007 Vanguard for towing the boat and carry the family around. I am really happy with the vehicle. The battery however went flat recently which caused the stereo and reversing camera to stop working. I searched the internet for a solution and found the following solution:

"This is only for nddnw57 players.This method works 100%. I tested it by my self. Please follow all my steps.
1) download this file here
2)Unpack the file called LOADING.KWI
3)Burn that file to an empty DVD. Although the file is too small you have to use an empty DVD. Don't use multysession. The DVD should be closed.
4) Name of the DVD must be 86271-V416A8
5)Use 4x to burn the DVD

I used a blank imation DVD+r to do it.
6) Insert it to the map DVD drive and then it will automatically load the software to the player. This can take some time."

I will load the file shortly and update my post.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,759 Posts
Welcome to RAV4World! Where are you located? I thought the Vanguard was only available in Japan.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Giddy, I am based in Auckland New Zealand. Have you heard of the All Blacks :).

The Vanguards have only recently started to be imported from Japan into NZ. Same as the American Rav V6. They are great vehicles and are pretty good for towing the boat and taking the family on holiday. They are not too large so are good around town also. We have a Toyota Highlander here which has the same engine as the Vanguard but is quite a bit larger. I also have a 1998 Rav which has been great for towing the boat but its getting a bit tired. Still use it as a knock around vehicle.

Regards

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi there
The LOADING.KWI is the unpacked file. So all you need to do is save it to a closed session DVD, ie not a rewritable one and correctly name the DVD as 86271-V416A8.
Hope that works for you,

Athol

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Vikiathol, I had the same problem, and the same solution. Did you manage to get the backing lines to reappear in the reverse camera - and if so how did you do it?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My car is 2007 and didn't have the reversing lines when I bought and I assumed it didn't come with them. So the file I found related to the model of camera and system in my car. You may need a newer file if your car is post 2007.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My car is also 2007 and did have reversing lines until the battery died. I've managed to get into the setup menu of the nddnw57 (holding down top left button and turning the parking lights on and off three times), and can follow a youtube clip on how to reinstall the backing lines on a nh3t-w56 in a Toyota Estima (which seems to be very similar), but then get to a warning that comes up in Japanese which I can't get past.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,759 Posts
My car is also 2007 and did have reversing lines until the battery died. I've managed to get into the setup menu of the nddnw57 (holding down top left button and turning the parking lights on and off three times), and can follow a youtube clip on how to reinstall the backing lines on a nh3t-w56 in a Toyota Estima (which seems to be very similar), but then get to a warning that comes up in Japanese which I can't get past.
You should take a photo of the Japanese warning and post it here--some of our members may be able to read it. Or maybe use Google translate to figure out what it says.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion Junebug. I've added a photo of the screen I get to from the Setup Menu that I can't get past. When I press OK, it defaults back to the audio screen.

I've also added a photo of the screen I now get when the unit is first turned on. If anyone could help translate, that would be great.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
NDDN-W57 loading.kwi

Hi Vickiathol,

Found your post about NDDN-W57. Unfortunately the download link is not valid now. If you still have the file can you please share it with me via google drive or dropbox?

I'm also from Auckland.

Thanks in advance...

Cheers,
Aruna

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi All,

I have shared another working copy of a loading.kwi file in below location.

h.t.t.p.s.:././.goo.gl/s6f1Ed

Zip size 214 MB
ISO size 505 MB

You can use Nero or free software to burn DVD from w.w.w.b.u.r.n.a.w.a.r.e.c.o.m
Select "Burn ISO" option
DVD should be closed
No multi session disc
Writing speed 4X is better

Supported Models.

ND3N-D53
ND3N-W53
NDCT-D53
NDCT-W53
NDCT-W53E

ND3A-W54A
ND3T-D54