Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put a deposit on a 2006 RAV4 Sport 4x4 v6 in flint mica.

My question is I agreed to pay $26,900 - $400 (recent graduate discount). So total of $26,500 not including tax and licence.

Is this a good price or I need to refund my deposit and shop around longer?

By the way I'm from San Francisco

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
swim4tom said:
My question is I agreed to pay $26,900 - $400 (recent graduate discount). So total of $26,500 not including tax and licence.

Is this a good price or I need to refund my deposit and shop around longer?
It depends, what options did you order with the vehicle?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It will include side curtain airbags, moon roof, floor mats, and tonneau cover.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I got the same vehicle with tow prep, tonneau, moonroof, bumper applique, and anti-theft lug nut for $25,500 (plus, ttl). The price they're asking sounds a bit high to me.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
depends on the local market... try other dealers in the area and see for yourself...

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just got my Sport V6 4WD w/ JBL, moonroof, Sidebags, tonneau, tow prep, DRL, Carpets, for $26,500 yesterday. In black too...nice. (Norfolk, VA)

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Based on edmunds.com, the MSRP for your vehicle with those options is $27,684 and the published invoice price is $25,042. If you're paying $26,500, you're paying $1,458 over invoice which is not bad considering that some dealers won't lower their price from MSRP at all. You may be able to get a better deal elsewhere, but then again, this may be a good deal in your local market. If you want to see the average of what people in your area are paying for this vehicle, go to edmunds.com. Price out the vehicle with your options and enter your zip code. The TMV price is the True Market Value in your area. Hope this helps!

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Buying a RAV on the net`

Halo said:
Has anyone here tried an auto buying service..ie CarsDirect
My co-worker's sister used Carsdirect to buy a vehicle and she said it was a great experience. I was gonna do that with my RAV4 a couple of months ago but they weren't offering the V6 at the time. They are offering it now but I've already placed an order through a dealer.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey swim4tom-

I am from So. Cal and bought the same thing + 6disc CD changer. Took some work but I was able to get it down to about $400 over invoice. If you can wait, I suggest you shop around. The only thing is I know V6 4WD is very hard to find in CA- at least that's what I was told by CarsDirect and every other dealership I went to.

I ended up going to a dealership that CarsDirect referred me to. Try doing that and see what they can find.

Good luck!

·
Registered
23 Posts
In my area, the best I can get is $1200 over invoice. So my 4XD Sport V6 (flint Mica) price is $26918 with DRL, Tonneau, side and curtain airbag, tow prep, and 6 disc changere (Not JBL :-( )

then I added the $700 tow bar and harness, and Katskin leather for $1100. So with delivery, tax, and license fees, I am at $30,589!!! Ouch. It was the best I could get in the Minneapolis area period.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just put a deposit (waiting on dealer swap) on a Pacific Blue SPORT V6 4x4 with Moonroof, side airbags, 6-CD changer (not JBL), Tow prep package, Tonneau cover, Carpet floor/cargo mats, and Towing receiver hitch ($820 MSRP for this option- came on it, not ordered). I paid $ 26,915.00 PLUS tax & tags.

Hope that helps.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just put $1000 down on a dealer swap yesterday, hope to get the car today.

I paid sticker plus tax, tags, etc. - $25, 656 total.

Base RAV4 - white - V6 - 2WD
Side airbags
Alloy wheels
CD changer
Roof rack
Tonneau Cover
& a few other options (can't remember)
At least I didn't pay $699 for Toyoguard Plus Protection Group

Very few RAV4s in this area - Charleston, SC.
They sell as fast as they get them.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Base I4 4WD

I just ordered my Rav4 it includes alloy wheels and curtain side airbags. I am paying $22,149. That is about $300 over invoice. It's the "internet" Price. I should be picking up my car in about 8-10 weeks

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok I just got a call two days ago from the dealer where I put my desposit saying that it will take another 4 - 8 weeks to get my flint mica.

So I told them to go to hell and went shopping today and I was able to get a black 4x4 v6 sport w/ 6 disc changer, side curtain airbags, floor mats, moon roof, and tonneau cover for $25,300.

I must say that I did get one hell of a deal!

But I will beat myself when I see a flint mica on the road.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Mine is V6 FWD Limited, Nautical Blue Metallic (so, no color option).
Optional: Moonroof, Towing Prep, Extra Miles Option Package B, Vehicle Shield Package, and - of course - DRL.
$26,700.00
I know it's a bit high. But I was so tired that time and just want thing to be over with. I wanted the same RAV in Beige Metallic, but couldn't find one near by.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Re: Base I4 4WD

lmp199 said:
I just ordered my RAV4 it includes alloy wheels and curtain side airbags. I am paying $22,149. That is about $300 over invoice. It's the "internet" Price. I should be picking up my car in about 8-10 weeks
Which dealer in CT? That's a great deal!

DJ

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The other dealer in North Carolina wouldn't swap with my dealer so I'm not getting the RAV4 V6 I wanted.

My dealer says he has another one coming in on the 21st that he assures me I can get. Yeah, we'll see! I told him that this is his last shot.

This other RAV4 V6 is the same color but doesn't have as many options. It doesn't have the side curtain airbags I wanted most.

My wife wanted green but will have to settle for white (my choice). :wink:

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just got back from the dealership, here’s the story.

The lower priced RAV4, that the dealer assured me he could get this time because they swap with this dealership in Florida all of the time. Well, that dealer wouldn’t swap this time.

I was about to walk out when he wanted to try one more thing. They called the South East Toyota district manager and he called the dealer in North Carolina and persuaded him to swap for the RAV4 I tried to get last week (he wouldn’t swap last week).

So, I signed all of the papers and put down a deposit and the car is supposed to be here in a few days. Now, I’m paying a little more but getting the main option I wanted, side-curtain airbags.

Rav4-base; V6; Super White - Taupe Cloth: 2WD; Roof Rack; Running Lights; Tonneau Cover;
6-Disc CD; Side Curtain Airbags; 17-in X 7-in Alloy Wheels

If they don’t get the vehicle this time, I’ll hold on to my ‘01 Accord V6 for another year or two.
This is the hardest vehicle I have ever bought. :?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts