Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the contenders are narrowed!

I'm looking at an 02, 04 and 07!

I think the 07 awd system is different than the other two. I realize this is a problematic year but it has been reconditioned by a reputable Toyota dealer. Not sure if that will help much but if everything is Done....

Which would be better for fairly steep incline in winter driving? (Not plowed) and overall country road sometimes unplowed roads?

I'm wondering if I can turn off traction control in 2004? I am kind of leaning towards this one but am leary of the 4wd full time.

Also wondering if the 07 Ltd has a button to turn off traction control?

I had a 2012 equinox awd and am trying to be more budget friendly. I have to say I never got stuck with that one. It felt safe secure, and I Did love the fwd slipping unnoticeably to awd. Never had to turn off traction control in that.

Thank you in advance, going shopping today and this weekend.

·
Super Moderator
10,191 Posts
The '07 doesn't have a TRAC off button, didn't come with one 'till 09 I believe. Can still be disabled with what's called "the tap dance." I keep a copy in the glove box in case I ever need it - unless my wife did a "what's this" and threw it out.
The '07 does have DAC (Downhill Assist Control) which can be a life saver on steep very slippery hills.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very funny. Thank you for the info. Unfortunately I had an issue with the 04 seller being late and some other things so I did not get to see that one.

·
Super Moderator
10,191 Posts
Is the '07 a V6 or an I4?

·
Super Moderator
10,191 Posts
It's a 4 cylinder. I like the 6 cylinders but to change water pump it's 880 at dealer.....
And $88 at my house. Unless it was changed before 75K when I bought it, my V6 has the original wp at 125K.
Some of the 4 cylinders have oil usage issues so you'd need a history of some kind. But I have several friends with the 2.4L I4 in RAV4s and a Camry who aren't having any such problems.

·
Super Moderator
10,191 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts