Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings

Does anybody have the correct part#?

My Rav4 has a broken spring on the driver's side.

Past threads show massive confusion with part numbers (overall length incorrect)!

I think some guys ordered struts for the 2 door Rav.

Also is it easier to go with the complete strut or should I look into the cartridge option (older Ravs had rebuildable struts ) .

Much Obliged

Doog :cheers:

·
Premium Member
1999 Toyota RAV4 with 3MZ-FE 6 cylinder engine, camo wrap, OME lift, heavily modded
2,044 Posts
It is much easier to replace the strut, spring as a unit, you also get all new parts associated with the strut and spring. You can get the part numbers from the link provided, I don't know which version of the RAV4 you own so I don't know which spring goes to it.

See the following link for a list of part numbers - 1997 TOYOTA Rav 4 FRONT SPRING & SHOCK ABSORBER

The following is Rock Autos site - 1997 TOYOTA RAV4 2.0L L4 Coil Spring | RockAuto

As you can see there is a huge difference in price.

By the way, usually you want to replace suspension components in pairs and springs are usually sold in pairs. If you replace one side you would probably notice significant handling issues.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quick Strut Part #s

Thanks Eodgator

I guess I'm going for a Quick Strut.

Doesn't seem like many aftermarket options.

Napa 172127 ....................not sure if correct part #........................................$232.99

Cheers

Doog

·
Premium Member
1999 Toyota RAV4 with 3MZ-FE 6 cylinder engine, camo wrap, OME lift, heavily modded
2,044 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts