Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, guys and gals, my boyfriend's birthday is this weekend. Since his dad just had heart surgery, we had to cancel/postpone the weekend getaway we were looking forward to.

He's not a car fanatic (though he does have a Tundra) or sports-oriented. Yes, he's a tech geek, but nothing says "I love you, happy birthday" quite like a Fry's gift certificate... yeah, right. :wink: :shock: The gift I already bought for him is something he wants,... but not at all personal, just useful. I thought about several other things, but nothing seems quite right so far. :(

Help, please! Ideas? Suggestions?

Q

·
0 Posts
hi liz! how are you? long time no see. anyhow, just a wild shot at it, whats his favorite tv show? get him some memorabilia from that show. u said urself he's a tech guy so i figure he's gotta havea favorite show or 2. he wasnt a sports guy either..so yeah...ummm i know alot of peple like the show 24..how boutthe season on DVD if he likes that show. my favorite show is the simpsons..id get a crazy kick if someone bought me the car homer designed in an old episode lol. u know just giving u ideas.

B

·
0 Posts
Liz,
Something my wife does for me on my birthday is to stop by the distributor to pick up a six pack of fancy beer for me...the type I usually don't buy because it's too expensive. Something like Young's Double Chocolate Stout or Mackeson's Triple Stout...mmm.

Something like that is always a treat, or a trip to his favorite pub for beer and pub grub. I'll often find that the best treat is if she'll offer to drive so I can sample a few more beers than usual... :lol:

Bogatyr

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Hi Liz. :D What are some of your b.f.'s interests? That way we can help you with more specific ideas.

If I was a tech geek I would love to get a new Apple Ipod so that I do not have to lug around all of my fav. CDs anymore. Maybe a DVD burner would be cool too! Also, wanting to get a TiVo or DVR, very useful and convenient. I'd also wouldn't mind getting a better digital camera with more features than the one I currently own.

Wow, that really makes me want to get a lot of stuff that I would like to have but won't because it is reserved for buying goodies for my car. :(

·
Registered
986 Posts
Women are easy to shop for...you can never go wrong with jewelry.

Men on the other hand, are complicated. I myself appreciate the more practical gifts, because I would rather have something I can use instead of something that takes up space in my closet. Most people that buy me gifts know that I like tools, music/movies, ties/shirts, and occasional geek stuff. A man can never have too many tools, ties, and CD's.

My father, brother, and I usually get each other tools, but this past Christmas, my brother got me a 10 lb. case of chicken tenders from Sysco; it was probably my favorite Christmas gift last year. I made buffalo chicken tenders 3 nights a week for a month. But then again when you are my age, beer and food are the best gifts.

You could always go the romantic dinner at home route...

K

·
0 Posts
peterpogi2005 said:
just put a ribbon in your hair and say "happy birthday"..

THat is a classic. My gf did that to me once. Gave me crazy ideas at first, but I love the hell outta her.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Women are easy to shop for? That's news to me. And I love tools, but only family members (and one product manager) ever give me tools and gadgets. Aside from figuring out where to put them all, you can't have too many tools (electronic, hand, power,... they're all good)!

As for ties, no one where we work (pro A/V electronics co.) wears ties,... except to the year-end holiday luncheon.

He made the romantic dinner at home for Valentine's day. :D
Years? Not yet... 5 months so far, so I'm still learning what his interests, etc. are. As for cool tech stuff, he just bought himself a new screamin' fast laptop computer last weekend. 8) Last fall he bought a wireless network server to integrate all his A/V and computer equipment. He's already got a pocket PC, cell, loads of computer and video games, audio files, etc., so I'm not sure what's left.

Hi, Mike!
I know he likes the Simpsons and a bit of sci-fi. I'll have to see what Simpsons stuff he already has. He's got lots more sci-fi stuff already, though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts