Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

New member. Current vehicle is a 1994 Oldsmobile Delta 88 w/ the 3800 series GM V6. It's got 167,000+ miles on it, leaks about every fluid short of brake and power steering fluid in one form or another, and the trunk leaks bad enough I've had to throw out the trunk carpet and padding. The leak has even gotten bad enough to soak the floorpan in the rear passenger area.

Anyone else besides everyone I know think I need a new car? :) lol

So I was about to test drive an '06 CRV when I heard about the redesigned RAV4. Test drove both and the decision was obvious - buy a new RAV4!!!

So on 1/15/06 I went RAV shopping.

In the end I signed on an '06 Limited 4x4 in Nautical Metallic Blue w/ the Ash Grey leather interior.

On the sales slip are these vehicle codes:
FE - Federal Emissions
EJ - JBL upgraded stereo
GY - Side/Head airbags
LA - Leather package
HD - Heated seats included in LA
SR - Moonroof (I guess SunRoof really huh? :) )
C4 - ??
V4 - ??
Anyone know what the C4 and V4 codes are? The vehicle was also supposed to have the Remote Start installed as well as wheel locks...

I need to know what those codes are because after we settled on the price, which was based on vehicles that were in stock at other dealerships, they are coming at me with additional charges over what I negotiated. I was lead to believe that while there are no guarantees, it would be no issue to obtain one of the two that were available at the time for me.

Now after our final negotiations, and much hand wringing, they got hold of the 4x4 Limited in the Nautical Blue that I wanted.

Now though, they are trying to hit me for $639 because according to them, the vehicles we looked at didn't actually exist and that no Leather interior w/ heated seat Limiteds in that color exist. The extra $ is claimed to stem from having to obtain & install the Leather and Remote Starter packages.

I have a binding contract with them signed by myself and them and now this? I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place because they can say they'll special order it and it will arrive in 6-12 weeks, or I can have this one now. I want it now!! Got a road trip planned from here in Boston down to FLA in March and no way am I banking on it arriving and being ready for pick by then.

Trying to get everything settled before going to the dealer today. Need to know what those two undefined codes represent so I can negotiate from a solid footing.

Anyone know?

Thanks in advance.

- Vigil
By the way - great site and forum!!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Terrific!! Thanks much kuj.

Funny - I never asked for the floor mats. Is that something they tend to throw in?

Two more hours to the dealer visit.

So I signed on the vehicle detailed in my first post for 26050 w/out the other fees (taxes, handling, etc., etc.). So that is for the vehicle and options only.

Seems like even w/ the $640 on top of that, i'm still getting a terrific deal no?

·
Super Moderator
1,559 Posts
Re: Need help on '06 RAV4 dealer codes

vigil said:
SR - Moonroof (I guess SunRoof really huh? :) )
A sunroof's panel is usually made of the same sheet metal as the roof.

A moonroof's panel is usually made of transparent glass or plastic and has a sliding sunshade.

D

·
0 Posts
Vigil, Welcome to the forum! I just got a quote on almost the same vehicle. Limited Nautical Blue with grey leather and all the same options but without the remote starter. MSRP 28104 with a sale price of 26524 but "only if you buy it today". I didn't because I haven't made my color choice yet and still can't decide between the red and nautical blue. They had both on the lot. They actually had two Limited Natical Blues with leather and heated seats on site. That wasn't the only dealer that I saw the blue with leather so it is very available right now. I test drove the one with beigh leather but liked the grey leather better since it blended with the black and silver upper dashboard. How's that price compared to your deal?

·
Registered
654 Posts
vigil said:
Funny - I never asked for the floor mats. Is that something they tend to throw in?
Welcome, vigil. My dealer told me that the floor mats are being shipped with most of the cars (all of the cars in the So Cal area) but the dealers don't tell you that. Based on your list, they are not throwing it in for free and is listed on your window sticker.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Now a new owner...

Thanks for the info everyone.

End results were I bought the vehicle described in my first post, including the items that were at issue being the leather, heated seats and remote start.

Really think the Nautical Blue with the light grey leather interior is gonna look great together.

Good to know about those mats - wonder if they'll let me trade them up to the nicer deep rubber ones - it is a new vehicle in the New England winter.... don't want that carpet getting to dirty to quick.

Out the door, including all the options and features in my first post, as well as lojack worked out to only a couple of hundred over my initially negotiated price after taking a bit away here and there with the sales guy and finance guy.

So happy it's all over with - now to see if they come through as promised in the end when I pick it up next week.

K

·
0 Posts
Congrats!! One thing I learned is that price paid and everything doesn't really matter. All that matters is that you think you got a deal and are happy. And it sounds like both, you got a good deal and are happy.

I know what you mean about wanting the rubber floor mats. I wouldn't trade yours for them though. I plan to just go buy some generic winter floormats. I'll keep my regular ones in the storage compartment in the back when I'm using the rubber ones. And I'll only use the rubber ones when it's raining or snowing. Enjoy your new Rav!

D

·
0 Posts
Kuj,
Love that green color and your photo album snaps rock! I've got a dealer looking for that same color with "grey" leather.

T

·
0 Posts
kuj,

I was enjoying the pics of you Rav. Nice. I can't wait for my Nautical blue to come in. About 3 more weeks. I noticed you had rubber mats in the front seats. Were did you find them. They look like they fit great.

trt

D

·
0 Posts
Kuj,
I think it is already. I just got the call back from the dealer saying they couldn't (or didn't feel motivated enough I guess) find any green ones. Didn't even offer to keep looking and just said "any other colors you might want?" They currently have 32 RAVs at that dealer and another two dealers have 37 and 28 instock and none are green. I think all other colors are represented. Most prominate colors are both shades of blues, silver, & black.

·
Registered
168 Posts
trt said:
kuj,

I was enjoying the pics of you RAV. Nice. I can't wait for my Nautical blue to come in. About 3 more weeks. I noticed you had rubber mats in the front seats. Were did you find them. They look like they fit great.

trt
Got it at Walmart. $15. The passenger side fits perfectly. The driver's side though doesn't because of the dead pedal. Because the rubber is soft enough it kinda just folds around the pedal so it's all good. :)

·
Registered
168 Posts
dogface325 said:
Kuj,
I think it is already. I just got the call back from the dealer saying they couldn't (or didn't feel motivated enough I guess) find any green ones. Didn't even offer to keep looking and just said "any other colors you might want?" They currently have 32 RAVs at that dealer and another two dealers have 37 and 28 instock and none are green. I think all other colors are represented. Most prominate colors are both shades of blues, silver, & black.
The flip side is that it could be that Toyota doesn't think green is as popular as the other's that you mentioned so they didn't make that many.

I'm hoping though it's not too common. hehe. :lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts