Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 LE AWD Rav4 with 2,500 miles. I found the message "Contact your Toyota dealer to have your vehicle inspected." on the 7 inch touch screen. With the acc switch on or engine idling, I selected Menu/Info/Vehicle Alert History. 3 options appeared, Pre-Collision System, AWD System and Vehicle Stability Control System. All 3 are dated Jan 15 7:01am. When selecting each of the 3, a message appears"A malfunction in the _ System has been detected. Contact your Toyota dealer to have your vehicle inspected." There is an option to press "Delete History" which I have not pressed. The vehicle was made in Jan 2019 and I bought it March 5, 2019. Is it possible the alerts were part of the assenbly?

It's not convenient to take it to a dealer until the 6 month service, so I wonder if any others have such a message and if you have a solution. Thanks for any replies.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Sounds like the computers in your car have found an anomaly and are suggesting (by design) that you go have it checked out. Why are you waiting?

I wouldn't want anomaly's but if I had one or more, I'd want the car to tell me to have them checked out. Your post IMHO should have been 'after' you did that and what Toyota (dealer) did to correct them. Sorry, but I'm not one to create social media issues on a product unless there is really an issue. Based on what you said, it could be a safety issue and you shouldn't wait. Maybe the 'prep' department just failed to install a fuse or something as simple as that. Or maybe a vendor supplied a defective part during the assembly. Either way, check it out. Don't wait. Did the message suggest you could wait?

Best of luck getting the messages resolved.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I have a 2019 LE AWD Rav4 with 2,500 miles. I found the message "Contact your Toyota dealer to have your vehicle inspected." on the 7 inch touch screen. With the acc switch on or engine idling, I selected Menu/Info/Vehicle Alert History. 3 options appeared, Pre-Collision System, AWD System and Vehicle Stability Control System. All 3 are dated Jan 15 7:01am. When selecting each of the 3, a message appears"A malfunction in the _ System has been detected. Contact your Toyota dealer to have your vehicle inspected." There is an option to press "Delete History" which I have not pressed. The vehicle was made in Jan 2019 and I bought it March 5, 2019. Is it possible the alerts were part of the assenbly?

It's not convenient to take it to a dealer until the 6 month service, so I wonder if any others have such a message and if you have a solution. Thanks for any replies.
Sounds like a generic warning because the battery or something else was disconnected. You don't say if this message is repeatedly popping up or if it was a one-time thing. I would delete the history and see if it comes up again.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I discovered something very similar just tonight. I’ll have to call tomorrow to see what it’s about. There is nothing I can find regarding this DCM message in the Entune Manual or Vehicle manual.

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
Dang. They want $139 to run a diagnostics. IF they find something covered by warranty I don’t have to pay. It’s confusing because the language makes it seem like it’s really important yet there’s a button I can press to delete the history.
Has anyone dealt with this?

·
Registered
386 Posts
You have a 3 year bumper to bumper warranty -- the charge should be $0 .
If the car gives you an error message - that's on their dime.
Here's one of mine after I ran out of fuel.
IMG_20200124_105623979.jpg

·
Registered
110 Posts
You have a 3 year bumper to bumper warranty -- the charge should be $0 .
If the car gives you an error message - that's on their dime.
Here's one of mine after I ran out of fuel. View attachment 148853
Did any those messages advise to see your dealer just because you ran out of gas? There's already an alert for that - it's called a fuel gauge.- Look for the letter "E" 🤦‍♂️

Is this to say that at some point after warranties start running out, owners and a fleet of new used car owners will be receiving dire messages of no consequence and Toyota will be collecting $140 every time. Cry wolf much? Maybe Toyota amends "No srsly, We double big mean it this time" on messages that are of actual importance.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Snow or slush accumulation on the front of the vehicle will disable the front sensors, etc. It's probably nothing. I'd clear the history and not worry about it unless they come back right away. If all this stuff is working, then there's no permanent fault and all the dealer is likely to do is clear the codes and send you on your way.

·
Registered
386 Posts
then there's no permanent fault and all the dealer is likely to do is clear the codes and send you on your way.
Well - after the Dec 23rd errors were displayed and I did run out of fuel, I did have to go to the Dealership to have the codes reset. They would not reset on their own. However they DID remain in my Vehicle Alert History display -- the Dealership did not erase those on the 8" screen. I'm leaving them there just in case I get asked about my refueling problem.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Thanks for the insight. Either forum members aren’t tapping into this display readout or its occurrence is very infrequent or resulted in nothing. I’d like to know more if anyone does because I’m having a hard time finding literature about it. These messages are’t accompanied by any indicator lights on the dash. No VSC light, no PCS light, no engine light.
Guy on the phone said that only Toyota had the diagnostic tools to solve the situation. I drive 10 miles a day. Not even at 1200. No snow. No mud. I mean, took it thru a car wash once.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Know this is an older thread, but hopefully it will help someone. My car started having warnings, I have attached a screenshot of the warnings.

First time I took it in they "blew dust" off sensor. A few days later it started again. The second time I took it in they "blew dust" off sensor. Later that afternoon lights started again. Would have warnings continually while driving.

As I was tired of all the "blowing", I decided to take my Rav to a dealer in the next town. The tech looked at the senor which was throwing a C1239 error, among others...but instead of blowing dust this tech traded the sensors from the left to right to see if the error moved with the sensor. It didn't. After further inspection, the wheel bearing had metal particles that were getting on the sensor. Wheel bearing assembly replaced, problem solved. Kudos to the tech that went the extra mile.

Needless to say the dealer that sold me the car will not see me again for any repairs.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Know this is an older thread, but hopefully it will help someone. My car started having warnings, I have attached a screenshot of the warnings.

First time I took it in they "blew dust" off sensor. A few days later it started again. The second time I took it in they "blew dust" off sensor. Later that afternoon lights started again. Would have warnings continually while driving.

As I was tired of all the "blowing", I decided to take my Rav to a dealer in the next town. The tech looked at the senor which was throwing a C1239 error, among others...but instead of blowing dust this tech traded the sensors from the left to right to see if the error moved with the sensor. It didn't. After further inspection, the wheel bearing had metal particles that were getting on the sensor. Wheel bearing assembly replaced, problem solved. Kudos to the tech that went the extra mile.

Needless to say the dealer that sold me the car will not see me again for any repairs.

View attachment 149070

Thanks for the info !

What year and trim model is your RAV4 ?

·
Registered
190 Posts
I found 3 alerts in Info - Alert History on my 2020 XSE. PCS, VSC, and Parking Sensors. No date time stamp on any. Car never had a warning on the MID (except for low fuel).

Start to think that might be something created when the vehicle was powered on the very first time in the factory, before the GPS even had a lock on the satellite for time and date?

·
Registered
110 Posts
I found 3 alerts in Info - Alert History on my 2020 XSE. PCS, VSC, and Parking Sensors. No date time stamp on any. Car never had a warning on the MID (except for low fuel).

Start to think that might be something created when the vehicle was powered on the very first time in the factory, before the GPS even had a lock on the satellite for time and date?
On February 3rd, it was discovered my alerts were recorded 6 days after I bought it. No other signs of misbehavior were found... However, 3 days later Toyota announced an engine recall. Guess who’s on the list? No idea if they’re related.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts