Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
That is the damper to slow the opening of your glove box.

The hole at the end of the rod attaches to a post on the glove box door and may be secured with a screw or just by the post itself.

I am not sure if both holes in the body of the damper are use, or only one. There should be a post on the dash that the body of the damper pops onto.

Reactions: pico

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you - that was it. Not sure how that happened - other than the wiff offroading or an overpacked glove box full of S#$T for the next zombie takeover

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Ours kept falling off I think because my wife would pull the door open or push it closed faster than the damper wanted to go. This kept causing it to pop off the snap-on posts. It would then get caught in the hinge and prevent the glove box closing properly. It's a useless nuisance, after the 3rd time it popped off I threw the damn thing in the trash. It hasn't been missed.

·
Super Moderator
11,499 Posts
EVERY time the dealer changes the oil they eff this up without fail. It happens when they check the cabin air filter. I have learned to check this and under the hood at every service. Once they also left off the cover for the brake fluid. I check everything they do if I am able.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts