Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

41 - 41 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have disconnected the battery for 30 mins but still no luck. I have the same issue as Shkingsway (posted earlier in this thread). Even the fob does not remote start the engine. From the Toyota App, I keep getting this message, "Request could not be completed. Please contact your dealer for assistance. [42]". The app is able to show the current mileage and fuel along with the status of the vehicle but is not able to unlock/lock the doors nor start/stop the engine. I called Toyota Canada and just like Shkingsway said, they said it is a known issue and they are working on it. Toyota Canada also said that it is an issue on their backend servers but he still recommended taking the vehicle to the dealer for DCM diagnostics. I think this will be a waste of time but I will give it a shot. Hopefully it will lead somewhere or at least they can get more logs so that they can fix the issue in their backend. Fingers crossed. :)
My 2019 HV limited is doing the exact same thing. Spent an hour on the phone with Toyota app support who couldn’t resolve it and said to take it to the dealer. Took the car to the dealer who said they have no idea and to call Toyota app support. I’ve given up at this point. I don’t think they will ever get this resolved (or the hybrid gas tank issue either). Not impressed with Toyota post-sales support at this point...

41 - 41 of 41 Posts