Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got into a 2010 and am looking to upgrade a few things. I wanted to see if anybody would be able to suggest what they have had luck with. Most of the post I find are pretty old and I'm hoping there is some better advice out there. Here is what I looking at adding:

- New radio that will hook up with my iPhone for calls while I'm traveling (BluLogic was mentioned a lot)
- Floor liners (Is Weathertech/Husky best option?)
- Window vents (I saw a pretty good review on the Weathertech ones)
- Back up camera
- Upgraded headlights for late night country roads (And Fog lights)

If there is a recommended GPS that would tie in to all this that would clear up my dashboard

As I mentioned, most of the reviews are pretty old. Any new help with brands to go with or stay away from would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I installed a kenwood headunit that supports CarPlay and it works great with Apple Maps, iMessage, etc. I recommend going that route. I also have weathertech floor liners and they worked great too. Try to find a used set on ebay or your local craigslist. I bought new, but only because the car was purchased used and a snow storm was on it's way and I wanted to be protected. Can't help you with the other stuff.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Head over to https://www.crutchfield.com/car/outfitmycar/mycar.aspx/ and put in your Rav's info and you'll have a bunch of options for in-dash nav that supports phones, backup cams, etc. Pick one out and check reviews and prices over at Amazon for that unit as well. Crutchfield offers excellent support though and may be worth it if you are new to swapping out head units. The Rav was the easiest swap I've ever done so it's a good place to learn.

Number of android-driven units to choose from over at aliexpress and elsewhere as well. https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20170331084601&SearchText=rav4+navigation

·
Registered
137 Posts
I put in a Jensen VX7020, double din with IGO Navigation.. It has bluetooth for the phone too..
I put a cheap backup camera in the plastic bumper below the backdoor.. and ran the wiring back up through the center tube on the suspension and along the drivers side of the car, comes in through a grommet just in front of the drivers door.
Got stick-on window vents from amazon.

No floor liners, no headlight upgrades.

Like the radio though.

·
Registered
254 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
In my 2010 sport I installed Husky floor liners, they actually cover more area than the Weathertech ones do like the dead pedal where your left foot rest. I also used Wade window vents, they are the "in channel" type and worked great. They also have a little red logo on them that went well with the SAP theme lol.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well, so far we've put on avs vent visors, weather tech floor mats, tint, 18" raceline surge wheels. Hopefully an arb nudge bar is next. We've even talked hood scoop, if we found one we liked. Oh! My husband also installed a borla exhaust, which gives my v6 a nice little growl after removing the resonator. All have made for a unique little rig.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Please don't let your husband put a stupid scoop on this car... for what? lol... there's no turbo or intercooler on top of the motor, that's a Subaru thing... they need the scoop because the intercooler is there, old muscle cars? they need it because the carburators are usually there... Rav4? NO, not needed... lol :p spend your money somewhere else. :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
2nd gens look pretty cute with a hood scoop. Guess it's a personal preference thing. The Rav is mine. He's a Tundra man.

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
[...] gives my v6 a nice little growl after removing the resonator
Please let us know how that works for you. Often the resonator serves to control and improve exhaust scavenging and also fuel/air. The ECU presumes the back-pulse exists.

·
Registered
18 Posts
We put aftermarket exhausts on most of our vehicles. Generally removing the intake resonator. Sometimes... this process has given us a slight improvement in power and had mileage improve minimally when combined with an aftermarket intake as well. With the Rav, I haven't really noticed any difference aside from it created a deeper growl without the resonator vs a bit fart canny with it. I'm getting the impression folks don't do a lot of modifications on their Rav4's on this forum. Its just what we do, with every vehicle. It gives a fun factor and a unique quality to a vehicle that has flooded the roads.
But, if we have any issues down the road, I'll keep you posted?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hmmm... I don't believe the hood scoops on any of Toyota's vehicles are functional. I suppose you could call them stupid too, but I think it's a great look, especially when the road is flooded with Rav4's that all look the same. Don't worry about my budget, I'm good!
But, like I said, its personal preference.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi!
I have installed a custom fit radio for my rav.. it contain backup cam android wifi bluetooth etc.. all you need .. its android 5.1 chinese one and its cheap and reliable. Work great with gps function too..
For your window shade i bought mine on rockauto.com and they are avs.. run for 3 year now and look like new no noise from them and at great price!
For the floor mats i bought some fly5d on amazon and at 159$ a full kit you will never get a better price for a custom floor mats! And they look good!

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi!
I have installed a custom fit radio for my rav.. it contain backup cam android wifi bluetooth etc.. all you need .. its android 5.1 chinese one and its cheap and reliable. Work great with gps function too..
For your window shade i bought mine on rockauto.com and they are avs.. run for 3 year now and look like new no noise from them and at great price!
For the floor mats i bought some fly5d on amazon and at 159$ a full kit you will never get a better price for a custom floor mats! And they look good!
Hey man! It would be awesome if you can take some pictures of the fly5d kit, I'm really interested in getting them too.

What exactly are window shades for? Are they a must have? I keep seeing them on cars now a days but never had them before.

Cheers,

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi
The window shade help reduce the vacuum effect when the window are open on the hiway and prevent rain get in.. and also look good! Lol

I will post picture of fly5d soon.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts