Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2012 4cyl, Limited edition.
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have a 2012 limited and was having issues with one side working (heat/ac, etc) and the drivers side staying on hot.

My brother thought it was the actuator, we ordered the part and it turned it was something else. I don't know the name of the part, or the part number, was hoping someone can help me out with it as I refuse to pay the $2200 just for the part alone that Toyota wants - this is not including installation!!

I found the part I'm having issues with on youtube,can someone please help me with what this is called or a part number??

·
Registered
571 Posts
Mode control film damper.

Usually the actuator motors fail (plastic teeth break), this video shows a new mode of failing.
If you think it's easy to install it, based on this video... you believe too much in your skills. It's a pain on any car.
I did replace the actuators on a couple of cars, never the damper/door. That's buried even deeper inside the unit, under the dash. Toyota manual says that you need to remove the whole dash to get to that.

On my Marcury Sable I was lucky because talking out the big Radio/AC control (the size of a football) gave me enough space to stick my hands in and remove the broken actuator.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts