Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have bought a 2016 toyota raV4 back in Jan and so far the car ran without any problems until this weekend. Basically, someone did something to my car's rear view mirror from the passenger's side. It was cracked at the bottom and near the signal turner. What should I do now?

I don't know the parts to buy and fix it.

Sorry the picture was inverted for no reason when I was uploading it.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think that you are saying that the glass mirror part has been cracked. If so it is easily replaceable. As far as parts go you could do an online search for OEM Toyota parts or ask at the dealer parts counter for the part number. The glass removal can be found on Youtube as all newer style mirrors are basically the same design.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Looks like someone hit your mirror and then ran away like a little coward, leaving you with their mess.
Aftermarket part should be under $100 unless you want Toyota parts, then plan to triple the price. It will need to be painted to match your car.
Last time I replaced a Toyota mirror, it was pop off a small plastic cover, 3 screws and a connector, reverse to install. It was easy, yours may be different.

A note on the paint: There are companies that will blend the correct Toyota paint color and put it in a spray-can for you, if you want to do the painting yourself.

The other option is a body-shop.

Good luck.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I dont know which i hate more, idiots who just abandon there shopping carts next to there vehicles or in the parking space next to them or cowards that scurry off like rats when they damage you personal property!! Absolute trash!!

If the side mirror still functions, perhaps leave it, or head over to a local wrecker and see if they have one in stock, them fellas might even put it on for you if your nice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts