Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Was driving on a trip on vacation when the check engine,4wd and traction control light came on. Also I could not use the cruise control. Any ideas. It's a 2009 sport with the v6.

·
Registered
9,070 Posts
Did the warning lights stay on all of the time, or did they switch off, and if they did, when did they go off? Also did your cruise control return to normal, and again if it did, when did that take place? Did you encounter any strange or unusual driving conditions as the dash lights came on and the cruise control stopped working? Having that sort of info likely will help to solve the problems.

·
Super Moderator
11,230 Posts
Get the codes read & go from there.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They just came on while driving. I did clear the comp, and skid comp jumping no 4 and 13 ports hitting the brake pedal 8 times. The lights are off for now but will it store the codes or are they gone now.

·
Super Moderator
11,230 Posts
Once the CE light comes on it should store the codes in the Engine ECM. The jumper method clears the Skid Control ECU codes. I'm surprised it turned off the CE light. It may have cleared that ECU too.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did not take it for a ride yet, but the Check engine, 4wd,and skid lights are off when I started it. Made a appointment at dealer, while they be able to check for codes or are they gone.

·
Super Moderator
11,507 Posts
Without knowing the codes stored in the computer there is no point in doing the guessing game.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,925 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I stopped at advance auto before work. They scanned it but they said no codes were stored. Well taking to the dealer for a oil change and let them check it anyway.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts