Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last time I bought a car, I flew to the location and drove it home. Unfortunately, that's not an option this time, so I will need to have it shipped. So, has anybody ever shipped a car before? Can you recommend anybody? Any info would be greatly appreciated. (general info: shipped from FL to KS)

·
Super Moderator
9,308 Posts
I had a bad experience last year getting a pickup I'd purchased on eBay shipped from Philly to CT. Did my usual online search for shippers and ended up with one called Xtreem relocation or some such name that I really don't want to remember. Also don't want to remember if it was $400 of my money they were legally able (via the half dozen pages of contract I had to sign) to keep w/o moving the truck ONE INCH. After weeks of waiting for some action (that never happened) I went with Uship.com as recommenced by eBay. For about the same money, meaning I paid twice, my truck was here in 4-5 days.
As it turned out the truck wasn't a good fit for me so I sold it break-even including all expenses and bought another one from the same eBay dealer. That time I took the train to Philly got a PA transit plate, and drove it home. It may have cost me $100 all told.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've looked online, but really don't know the best place to start. Hearing stories like yours frightens me, which is why I'm hoping somebody chimes in with somebody they've done business with and recommend. My uncle lives an hour from the dealership, and if I can't secure transport within a week or so, he said he can go pick it up. But, he leaves for a cruise tomorrow because you know, Florida life. I'll look up UShip, but in the meantime, if anybody else has a reputable company they can recommend, please let me know.

·
Super Moderator
9,308 Posts
Here's an example on eBay of a 2016 RAV4 for sale in Florida.
Click on "Shipping and payments" to see the options eBay lists. Using uShip would cost me $630 to have it shipped to me in CT.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts