Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Did you by any chance have the car jump started recently? If so, and the polarity got reversed by mistake, I could see it possibly causing lots of problems like this.

Otherwise, how old is the battery? A failing battery or alternator can cause all kinds of weird electrical issues.

·
Super Moderator
11,109 Posts
Rav4KC

What year, engine, miles?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you by any chance have the car jump started recently? If so, and the polarity got reversed by mistake, I could see it possibly causing lots of problems like this.

Otherwise, how old is the battery? A failing battery or alternator can cause all kinds of weird electrical issues.

No haven't had it Jumpstarted but I did just have the alternator replaced and they checked the battery and said it was good. I only had the battery since September but was slightly worried it may be bad due to bad alternator. I did however drive to the auto parts store that said my battery was good and had him check the alternator and he ended up not being able to because he just now said the battery was too weak. So I'm back at square one. He did however get to pull up 2 codes because on the drive there the check engine light came on. I have codes p0500 and p0705

·
Registered
54 Posts
have you tried disconnecting the battery and letting it sit for about 20 mins? this will often reset trouble codes, and if there is an actual issue the lights will come back. those two codes came back as transmission range sensor, and speed sensor. if the codes come back, it very well maybe one of those issues.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts