Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2013 XLE

Has anyone successfully disassembled the console around the shifter? I'd like to mount something to the top of the console near the shifter and need access to the interior surface.

·
Registered
189 Posts
come on man! give us a little information about your rav4, at least the year. photos are so helpful, so we can just tell where to start prying. :)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Model year added.

There's nothing unique about what I want to disassemble. I want to disassemble the center console area--the plastic around the shifter, cup holder, emergency brake handle, gear shift indicator, etc.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Plastic pry tools would be good here. All pieces just pop off, no screws.

-Pry the plastic surround for the parking brake boot. Slide entire piece off your brake handle.
-Remove AT shift knob by turning counter clock-wise.
-Pry the the entire shift console. This includes the faux carbon fiber, shifter surround, and cup holders. It's all once piece. Unplug the connector wire for the console illumination.

It curves upwards to the arm rest. I found it better to pry from the front of the console working my way to the rear. Take note, the plastic tabs on the console snap into these thin, flimsy white clips that will most likely fall when you pry it off. You'll have to retrieve these before re-installing and hope they don't fall in to some impossible to reach area.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts