Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IT is very hard to find Silver V6 Limited 4WD with side curtain airbags.
It's been month now my local dealer is trying to get the above model in neibouring region but he said he is not able to find..
But he said he is able to find the same model without limited .

Is it a big diffrence between Base and Limited??

What is your opinion on this? shall i wait for another 3 or 4 months to get V6 Limited 4WD SILVER with side curtain air bags? or shall i buy the base model V6 4WD ?

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have the base model V6 4WD. It really depends on how you feel about the options you can get on the limited – moonroof, power seats, leather, dual climate control, upgraded sound system. For me all of that was an unnecessary expense while driving down the gas mileage. I’m more into practical. The base feels luxurious enough for me, considering that I moved up from ’97 Nissan Sentra. I did get the alloy wheels (part of package) and opted for a V6, but that was good enough for me.

Here are good articles on car options that I consulted:

http://autoadvice.about.com/od/carequipmentoptions/p/caroptions.htm

http://autoadvice.about.com/od/carequipmentoptions/p/xneycaroptions.htm

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
The difference between base and limited are: The limited gets alloy 17" wheels, fog lights, color key door handles, Chrome grille, Color-keyed foldable power heated outside mirrors, Color-keyed full-size hard-shell outside spare tire cover, roof rails and cross bars, dual zone climate control, 6 CD changer, Leather-wrapped steering wheel with audio controls, Leather-wrapped shift knob, Power seat, Tonneau cover, Interior footwell lighting and the Engine Immobilizer.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
These came as part of an option package on my base RAV:

Alloy 17" wheels, roof rails and cross bars, tonneau cover.

Color-keyed full-size hard-shell outside spare tire cover is standard on all US RAVs I believe.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pretty comprehensive list, G-man. I've only one thing to add. The Power seat in the Limited has lumbar adjustments -- the manual seats have no lumbar adjustments at all. This could be worth the money if you have a bad back or spend lots of hours in the RAV.

·
Registered
67 Posts
kc456 said:

Color-keyed full-size hard-shell outside spare tire cover is standard on all US RAVs I believe.
In the base and sport, the spare tire cover is mostly hard shell. At least the part facing out. If you look at the part facing in towards the car, it is black vinyl. The Limited has both sections as hard shell.

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
first article is 100% incorrect. Auto ac does not get any worse gas mileage then manual ac. The compressor does not run all the time. you have a manual overide any time you wish to operate the ac as you wish. Another know nothing with an automotive column.
oh joy..

I would recvommend waiting for what you want. It would be a shame spending $25-27k and comprimising on what you want.

kc456 said:
I have the base model V6 4WD. It really depends on how you feel about the options you can get on the limited – moonroof, power seats, leather, dual climate control, upgraded sound system. For me all of that was an unnecessary expense while driving down the gas mileage. I’m more into practical. The base feels luxurious enough for me, considering that I moved up from ’97 Nissan Sentra. I did get the alloy wheels (part of package) and opted for a V6, but that was good enough for me.

Here are good articles on car options that I consulted:

http://autoadvice.about.com/od/carequipmentoptions/p/caroptions.htm

http://autoadvice.about.com/od/carequipmentoptions/p/xneycaroptions.htm

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
flyingn wrote:
I would recvommend waiting for what you want. It would be a shame spending $25-27k and comprimising on what you want.
I'm with with you flyman - you spend that kind of money you should at least get the trim level you want. I could see maybe going without an option that you want if you can pick it up as an aftermarket item (e.g. leather) but not to sacrifice one desired trim level for another.

OC

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I agree with OC and flyingn. I also recommend waiting for the one you want.

I've been waiting for my V6 Limited 4WD Blizzard Pearl for 7 weeks now and believe me, I've considered changing my requirements just so I can get one right away. But in the end, I decided to wait it out. I'll hopefully get mine at the end of the month, and so far, I have no regrets waiting! I know it's tough but remember that you'll hopefully be driving this for a very long time and if the Limited is what you have your heart set on, I say stick with it and keep looking! The last thing you want to do is compromise and then later regret doing so. The Limited has some very nice features that are not available in the Base or Sport models, so if you do decide to get Base instead, just be sure that these are features that you can live without.

ravgal

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
kc456 said:

what?? you got a base w/ tonneau cover? over here in the west coast (socal, to be specific), it's not even an option with the base. if there's ever a "must have" accessory for me, it's the tonneau cover... and no one's selling it separately! well, someone on the forums was selling theirs but i missed out on it...

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
CornMOnkey said:
what?? you got a base w/ tonneau cover? over here in the west coast (socal, to be specific), it's not even an option with the base. if there's ever a "must have" accessory for me, it's the tonneau cover... and no one's selling it separately! well, someone on the forums was selling theirs but i missed out on it...
I'm in NorCal. This is strange because all RAV4 quotes in base 4WD (I4 or V6) I got had the same option package. I even located the same configuration in SoCal (it was Power Toyota Cerritos and they had the exact same options. It was in late March though).

Vehicle Base Model ..........................
Federal Emissions .........................
Cargo Area Tonneau Cover with .............
Multipurpose Cargo Net with Support Poles ..
Black Roof Rails & Crossbars ..............
17" 5-Spoke Aluminum Alloy Wheels .........
w/P225/65R17 Tires and Full Size Spare ....
Tire on 17" Steel Wheel ....................
Driver & Front Passenger Front ............
Seat-Mounted Side Airbags and Front-and ....
Second-Row Roll- Sensing Side Curtain .....
Airbags (RSCA) .............................
Carpet Floor Mats/Cargo Mat ...............

Edit: If you have a 2WD, the option packages may be different.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm sitting here on my first night with my new Base. I started out looking at the Limited, but when it got down to it, I really fell in love with the V6 and decided to take what was available (Option B) rather than wait. Driving home, I knew I made the right call. I can look out the window as easy as looking up into a moonroof, the stereo is fine, the seats are comfortable, and the black trim on beige is actually pretty cool - it actually coordinates with the black tires and roof rack. Best of all, my Lexus neighbor is jealous and even better than that, his wife was more jealous!!! Mine may not be as big as his, but she likes mine better!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts