Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I was watching Full Throttle on the History Channel. If you are familiar with the program, it is two teams upgrading two ordinary vehicles, in two day. The upgrades must have it ready for the track. Winning team wins both cars. Cool.

On this episode, two IROC-Z Camaros were upgraded with Vortech Superchargers and some other goodies. Well, one of the modes was a larger Radiator.

Question: Do you guys think I should upgrade the radiator of my RAV4.1 T. Below their is a link of the company that offers a larger radiator specifically on request for the RAV4. Price to Puerto Rico $183.90.

http://www.absoluteradiator.com/

·
Super Moderator
1,554 Posts
Please.... don't waste your money mang.... you must have a money tree growing in your backyard with all the extra unnecessary things you want to buy....

Like I said before I recommend buying the slimline fans, 2 of them like my setup, most of them will flow more air which will keep your radiator cooler, plus they will clear up a lot of space which you will probably need for the stuff you plan on putting in there....

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I would have to agree with DJ, save your $$$ on more useful mods. Is your engine overheating? I am sure that even with a turbo installed, it shouldn't be that much of a problem unless you plan on racing your RAV. :D

By the way, I love that show FULL THROTTLE; they should use 2 old school RAV4's on one of their shows. Maybe you could be on one of those teams and win both RAVs!!! :wink:

Another good show to watch is OVERHAULIN', I know Chip Foose will probably only work on old school hot rods; but boy do I want my RAV to be Overhauled! :lol:

J

·
0 Posts
I agree with both. ;) I personnaly wouldn't worry about it unless you have cronic overheating problems. It just doesn't seem to justify IMO. :|

·
Registered
986 Posts
Save your money for all the gas you will be burning through when you get that turbo installed. As long as the radiator is in decent shape with good flow-through you are fine.

I watched that same episode of Full Throttle the other night also. I think the people on both teams weren't that smart. The younger guys couldn't figure out how to install a damn radiator, and the older guys made a mess draining the coolant. Those are tasks that even a shadetree mechanic can figure out.

·
Registered
986 Posts
I almost fell off my chair when the "old timers" said this was the first time they ever installed a supercharger.

Then I laughed when one of the twins said about the younger guys "this is a little more complicated than just sitting around the car and figuring out how much to turn up the boost".

A

·
0 Posts
Angel I'm still using the stock RAV4 radiator on mine with a 3S-GTE engine in the bay. As has already been said dude, just save your dosh.

A

·
0 Posts
Actually taking a look at the size of your intercooler, it's not like you'd have to do much with the front bar anyway. It would probably fit there straight-up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts