Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, New on the forums but I've been lurking long time...

We have a 2006 I4 with 90k miles. No matter what I try, I can't get the lights to stop coming back on. Code that gets thrown up is P2195 (O2 sensor signal stuck lean for bank 1 sensor 1).

I have replaced O2 and A/F sensors and they keep coming on. I've cleaned MAF sensor, Throttle body, Changed plugs, changed VVT. Nada!

I have OBD, and a MiniVCI cable with Techstream.

What I have learned from these:
Everything looks like it's working as expected.
A/F reads the normal range of 3.5-3.75V.
When driving and I release the gas pedal, car goes into open loop, the A/F voltage goes up to 5.0V until you press back on the gas
After a few cycles it the lights come back on!

I'd also like to add that the car starts very hard whether it's cold or hot almost all the time. It's not the battery. I replaced the battery a few months back and it did nothing to help with the stating. I don't know if it's related to the P2195 issue or not.
My inspection is due and I need to get the lights to stay off!

Does anyone have any ideas?!

Thanks to the community...
Jeff K.

·
Super Moderator
10,147 Posts
An intake leak could be causing it since deceleration produces the highest vacuum, t/f the biggest air leak resulting in the leanest mixture.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank Doc.

Can you elaborate on intake leak?

I checked all the vacuum lines (i think!) with the carb cleaner spray trick and didn't find anything that way. I did have a small hole in the air filter hood that I have since patched. I've even cleaned out the entire top and bottom of the air filter box!

·
Super Moderator
10,147 Posts
Any intake leak that would affect the lean reading would have to be between the throttle butterfly and the cylinder head. I'd spray carb cleaner all around any gaskets to see if it has any effect on idle speed. Any leak on the air cleaner side would have no effect.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did check all the spots again and I don't seem to find any air or vacuum leaks.
I get good readings in techstream for vacum also.

Any other ideas?!
I have 3 weeks left to get this dumb thing fixed!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not sure about fuel pressure. It has crossed my mind about the starting issues but I don't see how it could case the P2195 code.

I did recently see that advance auto will lend the kit out now, just haven't had the chance to dive into that.
Do you think it could cause issues with A/F readings?

·
Super Moderator
10,147 Posts
We have a 2006 I4 with 90k miles. No matter what I try, I can't get the lights to stop coming back on. Code that gets thrown up is P2195 (O2 sensor signal stuck lean for bank 1 sensor 1).
I think I remember seeing that your I4 has two sensor 1s one for bank 1 and 2. If so could you swap them and see if the code changes? Or just swap their connectors.

·
Registered
162 Posts
That's the list................>

Potential causes of a P2195 code include:
Oxygen (O2) or A/F ratio sensor or sensor heater malfunction
Open or short in O2 sensor circuit (wiring, harness)
Fuel pressure or fuel injector problem
Faulty PCM
Intake air or engine vacuum leaks
Faulty fuel injector(s)
Fuel pressure too high or too low
PCV system leak/fault
A/F sensor relay faulty
MAF sensor malfunction
ECT sensor malfunction
Fuel pressure too low
Fuel leak
Air suction in air intake system

shout back if you got this one solved.......thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think I remember seeing that your I4 has two sensor 1s one for bank 1 and 2. If so could you swap them and see if the code changes? Or just swap their connectors.
There's two sensors, but they are not like you remember. B1S1 is off the engine manafold and is A/F, B1S2 is inder the car near the CC and is O2.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's the list................>

Potential causes of a P2195 code include:
Oxygen (O2) or A/F ratio sensor or sensor heater malfunction
Open or short in O2 sensor circuit (wiring, harness)
Fuel pressure or fuel injector problem
Faulty PCM
Intake air or engine vacuum leaks
Faulty fuel injector(s)
Fuel pressure too high or too low
PCV system leak/fault
A/F sensor relay faulty
MAF sensor malfunction
ECT sensor malfunction
Fuel pressure too low
Fuel leak
Air suction in air intake system

shout back if you got this one solved.......thanks
I think my next test will be the fuel pressure. I'm guessing it's low, and doesn't sound like a fun task!

I've also gotta get some fluid in the read differential cuz I get all those fun noises too! :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So I managed to get it connected where the fuel comes up behind the air box. The kit didn't seem to have the right connecters as the gas was spraying out!

I did manage to read 60 on the meter before I shut it off... So, I dunno. Yeah. Fun stuff!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts