Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New guy here, just bought a 2004 2.4 auto 2wd. It never came with a key fob but has power locks, is it still possible to add a clicker for the wife she'll be working late and need easy quick entry for her. Anyone done this? Thankxlol and most likely will be posting on the water leak fix for the head gasket as well SMH but I new what I was buying. Thankx again happy to be on board!

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,716 Posts
First thing you need to do is find out if your RAV4 came equipped with remote keyless entry. Some models didn't, but did have power locks. You need to perform the remote programming procedure. If you get to step 9 and the power locks DON'T cycle, then you don't have remote keyless entry:

http://rav4world.com/tsb/2007/EL009-07.pdf

·
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,716 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol so funny just was looking on amazon, I'm good at wiring and soldering etc....thank you I thought I might have to go this route.

·
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,716 Posts

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
When I had a 2005 RAV4 (Base) it had a fob key but maybe it was because it was for the Canadian market. Maybe the previous owner lost them. Does all the keys look original ? Which country are you in ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts