Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am a new member of this forum. I have a problem with my rav4, I just noticed that there is a scratch or might be a wear and tear on the panel where my AC knob is located (pls see attached image, image taken before the scratched). I tried to inquire around close to my place in New Westminster, BC if they can repair the scratch. But, they said I might be able to find a a touch up paint to repair it by myself since it is only a minor issue, otherwise they will re-paint the whole panel to match everything. I went to LORDCO and ask if they have this kind of paint but they said I must provide the color or number with the said panel.

Can someone here in this forum by chance know the color or number of this panel? I will really appreciate any help. Thanks a lot in advance.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,126 Posts
Probably about the color of an ordinary lead pencil. Otherwise it's new car time. :wink

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Probably about the color of an ordinary lead pencil. Otherwise it's new car time. :wink
Thank's for that :)

New car - nope, I can't afford yet. I love this car and mileage is around 45000 only and just finished the financing Lol! :D

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
I would go to a junk yard and find that part rather than paint it. Painting it will not look as good.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Hi all,

I am a new member of this forum. I have a problem with my rav4, I just noticed that there is a scratch or might be a wear and tear on the panel where my AC knob is located (pls see attached image, image taken before the scratched). I tried to inquire around close to my place in New Westminster, BC if they can repair the scratch. But, they said I might be able to find a a touch up paint to repair it by myself since it is only a minor issue, otherwise they will re-paint the whole panel to match everything. I went to LORDCO and ask if they have this kind of paint but they said I must provide the color or number with the said panel.

Can someone here in this forum by chance know the color or number of this panel? I will really appreciate any help. Thanks a lot in advance.
I guess your standards are MUCH higher than mine! I had to blow your pic up to even see what you were pointing to.>:D

·
Super Moderator
10,126 Posts
I guess your standards are MUCH higher than mine! I had to blow your pic up to even see what you were pointing to.>:D
Yeah, and didn't I see an microscopic piece of dust too? :egad: Or maybe is was on my monitor. :shrug:

Reactions: Kulas

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
It would seem that a good body shop should be able to match the color via modern computer paint matching technology. Otherwise I agree with Dr. Dyno that it's new vehicle time! :D

·
Registered
7,916 Posts
Even if you had the correct colour code, there is a good chance that it would not look good.
Time to wrap that portion with some nice carbon fiber or vinyl off ebay :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Even if you had the correct colour code, there is a good chance that it would not look good.
A carbon Fiber or some decals would be okay too. I'll try to surf around tonight. Thanks!:wink

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That would be a good option too. I will try to check them out tonight on the net. By the way, if you know some sites that deal with this thingy, Can you share me the links? I will appreciate it :)

·
Super Moderator
11,099 Posts
I would consider that normal wear, it wouldn't bother me one bit. Everyone is different about what bugs them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks everyone for all your inputs. I finally found a local shop that will repaint/air brush the damaged panel. The cost is practical considering that they will cover/tape the whole dashboard for painting. It comes with warranty too which is nice. I don't really mind paying $100 Canadian for this job. If anyone of you here needs some minor repairs and located here in B.C., maybe these guys can help you. By the way, they are highly recommended by my toyota service dealership. Here is the website: New Creations - Professional and Lasting Restorations

1 - 14 of 14 Posts