Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
I'm going to use either super tech or prestone. Honda charges 28 bucks for a gallon of 50/50 coolant (they can keep it). Not sure what my Toyota charges. I will change it (drop and fill) at 12K. Have 9400 on it now.
Not debating with you on your other comments about using aftermarket brand (if your car is out of warranty); but, FYI and other users, there are many online Honda & Toyota stores (many are dealership with online sales) where you can buy OEM parts at a whole lot less than dealer retail, for example on the Honda OEM Type-II blue antifreeze, I got them at $12/gallon when I order online with my local Honda dealer with self-pickup... same with my Toyota dealership, another example on OEM Toyota oil filter for my wife's RAV4 at $2.99 each plus a free oil drain washer... You may have to specifically ask you local dealership for detail... Good Luck! :wink

·
Registered
379 Posts
Is 50/50 sufficient for you climate?
50/50 is the standard mix pretty much everywhere. The bottle should, if I'm not mistaken, indicate what kind of temperature ranges the antifreeze will be good for. Unless you're planning on driving around Antarctica, I'm not sure I'd worry about it. ;)

·
Registered
288 Posts
Pink Valvoline Zerex here. $12.50 per 50/50 gallon at Walmart. Sure wish I could find it undiluted. I can buy my own dionized water for a lot less than Valvoline is charging me.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts