Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 RAV 4 and have two Speed Tech W-400S Quad Carbine® Spotlight Off Road LED Work Lights to install. Any guidance on the electrical hook-up for these similar to the post related to installing fog lights using OEM wiring?Thanks in advance for any help

·
Registered
268 Posts
Are mounting the lights to the front or rear? If front, it's easy enough to find a hot wire to tap into. If rear, it would be best to run another wire the length of the car. The only thing I can think of in the rear that's always hot is the courtesy light in the rear door, and I doubt that could handle the load of a pair of work lights.
In spite of that, I think I'd prefer the lights in the rear to work straight from a tool box in the cargo space.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am mounting two spot lights (LEDS) on the front brush guard. I have found the two external connectors behind the front bumper for after market fog lights so once I get power to these from inside the cab I am good to go. The spot lights were each supplied with just about 2 feet of wire (2 leads) and no switch or anything to tie into the interior wiring. I was following the detailed post about the OEM fog light addition and was hoping to do something similar but cannot find any OEM or after market switch/harness assembly to tie into the interior power. Local Toyota and NAPA stores offered only you supply switch. So, I need help to know what wire(s) to tap into uber the dash. There is already a 15A fuse in the fuse box for the Fog Light circuit. Any help would be appreciated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts