Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, just joined because tomorrow I am going to look at a 2007 rav4 limited v6, 140K miles, one owner. I am nervous because I have been reading on this forum today and have learned about transmission and magnetic coupler problems with this model. What is your advice on how to avoid a lemon?

·
Super Moderator
9,551 Posts
You looked yet?

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
You've selected a pretty reliable car. If you're referring to the V6 transmission whine, don't worry about it. It's just a noise and won't lead to any problems. I have two suggestions, create a login at Toyota owners dot com and input the VIN. You'll get the complete maintenance history of anything done at a Toyota dealership. Second, arrange to have the car inspected at a (hopefully) trusted mechanic.
Good luck.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Hello, just joined because tomorrow I am going to look at a 2007 rav4 limited v6, 140K miles, one owner. I am nervous because I have been reading on this forum today and have learned about transmission and magnetic coupler problems with this model. What is your advice on how to avoid a lemon?
To avoid a lemon is to research and know your vehicle well. Read up all he problems and recognize what to look for. The V6 also have the transmission whine and differential whine also. Do your home work first otherwise you will come back complaining for not doing your research.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts