Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
w00t! Congrats to the lady who did this, and all parties involved, esspecially the moron crook :wink: Goes to show, never rip off a rav, were are a tricky lot, and we will find you.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Wow, very cool! Somebody should email the writer and have them tell the woman she should come join us here at R4W!

Becky

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
my story

well I been kind of quiet but friday last week some one try to break into my rav4 it was 2 am I was still up in one of the rooms in my house all of the sudden I hear my alarm going off . so I look out the window and see this young punk running away from rav4
I look and thought nice try my old lady held me back Because she tought I might due somethging stupid . I wanted to shoot the punk but them I wil get in trouble w/ police for shooting in a public area .
any way I stood there watching this young punk trying to break into my car and there was nothing I could do because I follow the law and didn't want to get into any trouble. But I am ready for next time I will used my 2 hands to catch him I don't understand why people have to mess with our rav4's .... :lol:

R

·
0 Posts
She should have had a Lo-Jack, if she wanted her car back. It seems most people wouldn't even want their car back after someone else (the perp.) had been driving it.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Ravage said:
She should have had a Lo-Jack, if she wanted her car back. It seems most people wouldn't even want their car back after someone else (the perp.) had been driving it.
I certainly wouldn't want my car back after it had been stolen and taken for a joy ride. Just hand me the insurance check.

Unless we're talking about a classic car that would be very difficult to replace.

R

·
0 Posts
I wonder...how many people would want their RAV4 back, or the insurance check?

Also, How much does Lo-Jack cost? Does anyone have this fact available?

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Ravage said:
I wonder...how many people would want their RAV4 back
I would! I couldn't replace my baby, not even with another green rav, besides green ravs are rare. I love my car the way it is, of course, with a little more accessories, but that can come later :D

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Franco wrote:
well I been kind of quiet but friday last week some one try to break into my RAV4 it was 2 am I was still up in one of the rooms in my house all of the sudden I hear my alarm going off . so I look out the window and see this young punk running away from RAV4
I look and thought nice try my old lady held me back Because she tought I might due somethging stupid . I wanted to shoot the punk but them I wil get in trouble w/ police for shooting in a public area .
any way I stood there watching this young punk trying to break into my car and there was nothing I could do because I follow the law and didn't want to get into any trouble. But I am ready for next time I will used my 2 hands to catch him I don't understand why people have to mess with our RAV4's .... Laughing
Had something similar happen to me back in the early 80's - had a full size conversion van that was broken into 7 times. After the second or third time, learned my lesson not to keep anything valuable in it overnight, and also I installed a silent alarm. One night in mid winter, my alarm beeper goes off at 3:00AM. Within 30 seconds I was in a pair of sweats, snuck up on the perpetrator, who was exiting my van with my cooler under his arm. You should have seen his jaw drop when I pointed my .30-.30 point blank to the back of his head while screaming "DROP IT, YOU MF!!" :evil:
Neeedless to say, he dropped it and backed himself up to his buddy's getaway car parked across the street. I was so tempted to put a slug or two through their radiator or though the tires, but my better judgement prevailed - instead I bashed out their front and rear passenger door windows with my rifle stock before they sped off.

As I filled out the police report at the precinct station, a couple of sympathetic detectives were glad to see a pair of thieves/vandals foiled by a vigilant citizen, but warned me "It's a good thing you didn't fire any shots, otherwise we'd have to charge you reckless endangerment." That was long ago before I was a homeowner, now my rides are parked nice and cozy in a locked, attached garage!

OC

1 - 10 of 10 Posts