Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I've been reading alot of helpful stuff here the past 3 or so days. I recently bought a 1998 a/t 4 door AWD 1st generation rav4. It logged about 85,000 km (52,800 miles). Pretty low considering its age. I am expecting on doing some minor repairs and upgrades on it soon. And i will be needing information on where to source the right stuff for my rav4 here in Manila. Anyone here from the Philippines as well?

Thank you to the admins and founders of this site. Very helpful for a rav4 newbie like me.

Ravden

·
Registered
9,025 Posts
Welcome, Ravden! Some forum members also live in the Phlippines.

·
Registered
214 Posts
hey... I bought mine about 1/2 months ago, 94 short manual... is philipines right or left hand drive?
because if its right is probably imported from japan, so are the same cars as NZ and you could find parts here

i will also do some things on mine... good sound system, maybe some off road stuff... let's see

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi room217! It's a left hand drive but i was told that this is also Japan made. This particular unit was actually for the Dubai market. But when they can't sell it there..Toyota sent it here in the Philippines.

I'm thinking of changing the color using foil wrap and change the leather seats to newer ones. But first i'll make sure it is road ready. It will be sent to a mechanic friend of mine to do the necessary checks and repairs.

Ravden

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks rezbak.

I still have not decided yet really but here are the choices:
1. Glossy cream and flat black combination
2. Matte military green and flat black combination
3. Matte desert storm and flat black combination

Im still exploration other options.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts