Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
already put in a new 20 part tow package from dealer - whew! that was expensive and getting the wiring harness installed took some time to get in under the dash upside down with chubby fingers!

been installed for 1 year now and have not even used it yet; doh!

now for an oxygen sensor, front brakes and ignition coils on the V6

got a quote today for $2400 for the above; not going to happen, need to do it myself

looking forward to getting help here

·
Registered
419 Posts
From London, ON area here:
I drive down to Port Huron, MI for all my brake kits now...save a bundle $$.
- V6 vehicles have larger diameter rotors than some 4 cylinder equipped SUV's
Also, Prime Choice Auto, in Ottawa has excellent pricing for us Canadians.
- their phone # 1-866-990-3871

PS - I have a 2008 Limited with V6 / planning on ordering the Curt Trailer Hitch Receiver, just got to pick the correct #. https://www.etrailer.com/tv-install-trailer-hitch-2007-toyota-rav4-c13149.aspx

BRAKE MOTIVE brake kits:
FRONT+REAR 4 PERFORMANCE DRILLED SLOTTED BRAKE ROTORS AND 8 CERAMIC PADS M640791...$194.89 / all 4 wheels.

MODEL YEAR FITS THE FOLLOWING VEHICLES
Toyota Rav4 2006 - 2012 - 4 Cylinder Models with 3rd Row Seat
Toyota Rav4 2006 - 2012 - V6 Models
Front Rear 4 Performance Drilled Slotted Brake Rotors and 8 Ceramic Pads M640791 | eBay

^^ I used one of these premium brake kits on my 2005 Jimmy 4x4, last year.
- saved approx. $500, by not buying from local NAPA/UAP (even with discount)
Couldn't be happier with kit, all quality stuff...check out the comparison videos, through eBay link.

Will order a premium Brake Motive brake kit for my v6 2008 RAV4, in advance of needing.
- order out of Chicago, have kit drop shipped to Port Huron MI warehouse & drive down and pickup...enjoy $$ savings, even after paying 13% tax at boarder crossing

Local Toyota dealer in ON. Canada, charged previously owner $450 Cdn to just change the rear brake pads...Ouch !!

·
Registered
7,922 Posts
already put in a new 20 part tow package from dealer - whew! that was expensive and getting the wiring harness installed took some time to get in under the dash upside down with chubby fingers!

been installed for 1 year now and have not even used it yet; doh!

now for an oxygen sensor, front brakes and ignition coils on the V6

got a quote today for $2400 for the above; not going to happen, need to do it myself

looking forward to getting help here
What is a "20 part tow package"? Is that just the OEM hitch and all the extra pieces that go with it?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts