Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!
I just bought a 2008 V6 sport with about 195,000 KM (121167 miles).
Got it at a small used car dealership for $9200 all in!
It's my first SUV and I've been enjoying it!

Anyways just wanted to say hello thanks! =)

Attachments

·
Registered
9,071 Posts
Welcome, and enjoy your RAV - you will like having that V6 power!

Reactions: joso2110

·
Super Moderator
11,510 Posts
There were a number of recalls and TSB's for all '08 models. Make sure they have been done.

·
Registered
419 Posts
We also bought a 2008 RAV4 v6, a few months ago (off local Kijiji) / ours is a Limited model.

Plain & simple - acceleration like driving an old muscle car, from a newer 4x4 SUV.
- who would of thought (lol)

joso2110 - Enjoy the ride buddy & Sport model ownership.
- looks very nice with those aluminum rims and Toyota fender flares, all good factory upgrades

I was talking to a proud 2012 v6 owner yesterday.
- he had his up to 129 mph once, and gas peddle wasn't all the way down to the floor pan
Just unreal performance, in the v6.
- we are now averaging 30 mpg Canadian, with our RAV4, got to love the impressive fuel economy

·
Registered
642 Posts
Averaging 30 MPG...WOW...
That's likely imperial gallon with is 4.55 liters whereas US gallon is 3.79 liters.

The equivalent US MPG is 0.83 X 30MPG (Imperial gal) = 25MPG which is still very good for our V6.

I'm only getting about 19mpg (US) with 70 city/30 Hwy mix of driving.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I was talking to a proud 2012 v6 owner yesterday.
- he had his up to 129 mph once, and gas peddle wasn't all the way down to the floor pan
Just unreal performance, in the v6.
It'll actually do about 140 MPH before the engine control unit prevents it from going any faster.

I believe this is for safety because it came stock with H-rated tires, which I believe are "only" rated to 130 MPH. You can see in this video at 140 MPH the tach is only at about 5400 RPM, so it sill has some legs left in it:

Here's another fun one:

https://youtu.be/ibWRBnzADBY?t=22

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Beaumont67! I do love the look of the sport model :)
The 18 inch rims do make it look aggressive =D

Congrats with the Limited model! I test drove one and loved the leather, dual climate control and heated seats. Amenities I'm missing on my sport (>_<)

That is amazing you are getting 30 mpg! How are you doing that! I can only achieve around 25 mpg when I'm mainly highway.

·
Registered
97 Posts
With the cruise on I can get about 29-30 MPG on the highway (staying at 70mph). Around town if I'm light on the throttle (hard to do with the V6) I average 24-25.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts