Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New 2016 Limited AWD Blizzard w/ Advanced Tech Package Owner
Previously Owned a Base 2003 Pontiac Vibe and 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT

I would have to say the best part of the Rav is the new LED headlights, worlds better than the halogens in the Vibe.

Small gripes include snow getting up into the door area (makes it annoying at the car wash to clean out) and the parking sensors going off when they have frost/ice on them which is unsettling hearing the beep at 55 mph.

I was a long time member on Genvibe.com and plan multiple modifications to the current Rav in time. Feel free to ask any questions regarding the 2016.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Did you get the RS VIP Security Systems as well? Does it worth? What is your opinion? Did you go for the extended warranty?

Thanks

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,761 Posts
Welcome to RAV4World! The Vibe was the best Pontiac Toyota ever made!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Junebug, the vibes were amazing, no-problem vehicles!
Sky Blue, I just have the standard Security System. The dealer that it was purchased from offered a free lifetime powertrain warranty (worth about $300 purchased separately if I remember correctly). I did not purchase the extra $3,900 extended warranty that was offered as I can fix a lot of issues in the future for that money.

·
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,761 Posts
Thanks Junebug, the vibes were amazing, no-problem vehicles!
Sky Blue, I just have the standard Security System. The dealer that it was purchased from offered a free lifetime powertrain warranty (worth about $300 purchased separately if I remember correctly). I did not purchase the extra $3,900 extended warranty that was offered as I can fix a lot of issues in the future for that money.
I got the 8 year/75,000 mile Toyota VSA extended warranty for $659 just before my factory warranty was about to expire. It pretty much paid for itself when my water pump went out. My dealer wanted over double that for the warranty when I bought the RAV.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I got the 8 year/75,000 mile Toyota VSA extended warranty for $659 just before my factory warranty was about to expire. It pretty much paid for itself when my water pump went out. My dealer wanted over double that for the warranty when I bought the RAV.
Thanks.

Are these warranties still exists? I saw that we can't buy out of state online from Jerry/Toby. Is there any alternative for those reduced price warranties?

Thanks again.

·
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,761 Posts
Thanks.

Are these warranties still exists? I saw that we can't buy out of state online from Jerry/Toby. Is there any alternative for those reduced price warranties?

Thanks again.
Yes, they still exist, but they can only sell them in person. You can thank Toyota for that. If it were me, I'd gladly drive the 4 hours to Shreveport to buy one from Toby.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
blizzard pearl looks good, only thing that throws me off is the yellow fogs haha

I agree. I am consider adding LED's to match the look of the Lexus NX this summer when weather gets better and the humidity is low (moisture in the housing is annoying). I don't necessarily dislike the look of the standard halogens because in foggy/wet conditions the yellow light actually provides better visibility so for now they will do.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yes, they still exist, but they can only sell them in person. You can thank Toyota for that. If it were me, I'd gladly drive the 4 hours to Shreveport to buy one from Toby.
Thanks JuneBug.

I received response from Troy:

Vehicle: 2012 – 2016 Toyota Rav4 w/ 36,000 miles or less.

Toyota Extra Care, Platinum coverage with $0 deductible:
6 yr / 75K - $610.00
6 yr / 100K - $835.00
7 yr / 75K - $680.00
7 yr / 100K - $950.00
8 yr / 75K - $785.00
8 yr / 100K - $1050.00
8 yr / 125K - $1365.00
Most of the details on the Extra Care plans can be found directly at
Toyota's website at the following link, including all the various terms and
options available, just let me know if you would like a quote on a different
plan.
http://www.toyotafinancial.com/pub/...n_plans/vehicle_service_agreement/new_vehicle

·
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,761 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1 - 13 of 13 Posts