Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all. My wife and I purchased our RAV a few weeks ago. So far we love it. Really good ride height and just enough room for our family of 3. I do plan on modding it a bit, but plan to keep everything tasteful. I attached a few photos for your enjoyment.

Second day of ownership, I had the front windows tinted.

I was fortunate to get our RAV right off the delivery truck. The detail department at the dealership never got a chance to put a wash brush on the paint. We believe in hand washing with a mitt. I plan on waxing the paint very soon to protect it.

Reactions: LongRifle

·
Registered
258 Posts
Nice

Looks like my 2015 XLE of the same color and interior except you have much nicer wheels. The only additions that I have done to mine is I installed mud guards, Rearview mirror with compass, self dimming and Homelink and I replaced the interior lights with LED. I got mine a year ago and already have 17k miles on it, the new is wearing off fast. :wink

·
Registered
39 Posts
Also have a '16 XLE. I love the wheels, but since I wash and clean it myself (I actually got a 30-day unlimited car wash from the dealer) I prefer styles with wider gaps between the spokes. 1KDH, thanks for posting all those nice pics :). I like your choice of color (it's mine, too).

·
Registered
21 Posts
Nice pictures! I thought I'd get a gray interior if get an XLE but the pictures have me considering black.

What was the tint level you got on the front windows? Looks like they match back windows well.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Congratulations, I like the color also.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice pictures! I thought I'd get a gray interior if get an XLE but the pictures have me considering black.

What was the tint level you got on the front windows? Looks like they match back windows well.

I used 20% Suntek cxp

·
Registered
21 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Looks like my 2015 XLE of the same color and interior except you have much nicer wheels. The only additions that I have done to mine is I installed mud guards, Rearview mirror with compass, self dimming and Homelink and I replaced the interior lights with LED. I got mine a year ago and already have 17k miles on it, the new is wearing off fast. :wink
MTTNWA , WHERE DID U BUY THE MIRROR WITH COMPASS IN IT ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's been a while since I have been on the forum, but want to report you you guys I still love our Rav, so much that I recently traded it for a 2017 Blizzard Pearl Rav4 Limited Hybrid with Cinnamon interior. I am attaching a few pictures for your enjoyment. I had the front windows tinted today and installed the factory interior lighting kit. My dad recently bought a 2017 Magnetic Gray Rav4 Limited Hybrid with Ash interior. I am including a photo of him and his Rav on day of purchase and a photo of the day I installed his interior lighting kit.

Reactions: LongRifle

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,716 Posts
Oh my! If my son had taken my new car's dash apart like that, I would have probably passed out! Those are a couple of beautiful RAV's you got there.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks JuneBug. I did not want to take the interior of the car apart, but if it had to be done, I'm glad I did it. I work for Toyota as a service writer and have a background working on cars to an extent. I took my time and made sure I was careful. I'm a very meticulous person and followed Toyotas install instructions to perfection. That being said, it took me 3 hours to complete the job, and everything was put back in place without even the smallest scratch. I'm glad it's over and I don't look forward to ever doing it again.

Reactions: JuneBug

·
Registered
160 Posts
In love the black interior, my 16 XLE has the ugly ash gray interior there was no black anywhere in the dealer, what pedals are those ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ordered some horns from Japan and installed them today. Enjoy...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Installed door sill plates this morning.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts