Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just took delivery of a 2016 XLE last Friday. I do have to admit right out that I really didn't like the RAV4 at all since the beginning, but something about the redesign made me love it. The color is "Barcelona Red" (sorry, even saying it in my mind makes me say it with an Antonio Banderas accent... )

I really like it... love the ride, really love the radio, even though I probably won't use the navigation much, and will not probably renew the Sirius/XM. I love that I can plug in my various iPhones/iPods and it reads them with no issue.

I'll try to attach a photo, but not sure if I can just yet...

So is there anything I should know right off, hints, tips, etc? I'll make sure to hit all of the forums as I have a few questions about some things...

Thanks all!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
9,025 Posts
Welcome! Enjoy your new '16 XLE!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Welcome, I'm glad that you like it!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Welcome and remember your owners manual is your best friend. Spend some time with it and you'll be suprised what you will find.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome and remember your owners manual is your best friend. Spend some time with it and you'll be suprised what you will find.
Yea, I have already... lol... Especially when going out to eat, here I am carrying 5-6 books with me and spreading them all out on the table... mostly for family laughs, but you get the picture... lol...

This is my first new car in 12 years... replacing a 2005 Ford Escape that I bought brand new in 2004... took it off the lot with 4 miles on it, it had 308,100 when I gave it to my niece's husband yesterday... I'd say I got my money's worth... lol!!

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Yea, I have already... lol... Especially when going out to eat, here I am carrying 5-6 books with me and spreading them all out on the table... mostly for family laughs, but you get the picture... lol...

This is my first new car in 12 years... replacing a 2005 Ford Escape that I bought brand new in 2004... took it off the lot with 4 miles on it, it had 308,100 when I gave it to my niece's husband yesterday... I'd say I got my money's worth... lol!!
Nice. I had a 2005 escape xlt with the no boundaries package. Was a great vehicle. Then got a 2013 Mazda CX-5 which was a lemon. Then a 2014 RAV4 xle which I just recently traded on a 16 hybrid limited. Hope to be in this one a while.
Biggest thing I miss about the escape is the lack of traction control etc. In winter on ice I could tromp on the gas and just shoot ahead on almost any amount of ice. Now with these nanny systems controlling traction( even when shut off) you limp out in front of cars creating dangerous situations.
Congrats on the new rav!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice. I had a 2005 escape xlt with the no boundaries package. Was a great vehicle. Then got a 2013 Mazda CX-5 which was a lemon. Then a 2014 RAV4 xle which I just recently traded on a 16 hybrid limited. Hope to be in this one a while.
Biggest thing I miss about the escape is the lack of traction control etc. In winter on ice I could tromp on the gas and just shoot ahead on almost any amount of ice. Now with these nanny systems controlling traction( even when shut off) you limp out in front of cars creating dangerous situations.
Congrats on the new rav!
Thanks!!

90% of the miles were highway miles... I was an IT consultant driving 500-600 miles per week. I'm now closer to home, but the Escape did treat me well, no major repairs aside from the usual. Hopefully I'll have this one for just as long... :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts