Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New 2017 LE - double checking replacement key fob p/n

Cheers,

Just picked up a 2017 LE as the older 4Runner is moving on to the son.

I want to have an extra key/fob just in case? Is p/n 89071-0R040 correct for this? If so, was going to buy online via one of the online Toyota parts houses and then program myself after I obtain the tech stream software and cable.

Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Didn't receive any comments back, so I checked with the dealer for the correct p/n:

OEM*Transmitter Assembly Do - Toyota (89070-0R121)

Now waiting on the cable to see if I can do the programming myself via Techstream and my surface pro 4 with windows 10.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Didn't receive any comments back, so I checked with the dealer for the correct p/n:

OEM*Transmitter Assembly Do - Toyota (89070-0R121)

Now waiting on the cable to see if I can do the programming myself via Techstream and my surface pro 4 with windows 10.
If you look on the back of the key it should have a number you can cross reference number. You can then get it off ebay
Genuine Transmitter Assembly Do 89070-0R121 | eBay

Make sure you have the KEY cut at a LOCKSMITH and not Homedepot.! Techstream works best on 32bit windows system computer. I used an old netbook !

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Our RAV4 fobs don't have any numbers on them, unlike the fobs for our 4Runners.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Extra key fob? The dealer should have given you two. Or am I misunderstanding, and you want to add additional keyfobs to the two that you already have?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Extra key fob? The dealer should have given you two. Or am I misunderstanding, and you want to add additional keyfobs to the two that you already have?
Yes, I have the two orginal key fobs. This was for the 3rd one I wanted to have....just in case.

·
Registered
35 Posts
cheeser

I bought a 2017 Rav4 XLE and also am looking to get a duplicate made. Did you find the 89070-0R121 stamped on the key? Mine is a 3 button, FCC ID: HYQ12BDM, IC: 1551A-12BDM, H Chip (where do they come up with all of those numbers) - another number found inside on the other 1/2 of the case is 42320-09T09. I know what some of that means, but not all. I've found a blank for around $100 but no programming instructions. If you find a reasonable method to buy and program a key I will apprciate your update.

Thanks

Bill

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
cheeser

I bought a 2017 Rav4 XLE and also am looking to get a duplicate made. Did you find the 89070-0R121 stamped on the key? Mine is a 3 button, FCC ID: HYQ12BDM, IC: 1551A-12BDM, H Chip (where do they come up with all of those numbers) - another number found inside on the other 1/2 of the case is 42320-09T09. I know what some of that means, but not all. I've found a blank for around $100 but no programming instructions. If you find a reasonable method to buy and program a key I will apprciate your update.

Thanks

Bill

This thread will help you. You can look on ebay for the key and cable

http://www.rav4world.com/forums/96-4-3-general/92843-adding-extra-key-using-techstream.html

HYQ12BDM H Chip rav4. DOUBLE CHECK WITH SELLER TO CONFIRM COMPATIBILITY WITH YOUR YEAR AND MODEL!

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odk...+rav4.TRS1&_nkw=HYQ12BDM+H+Chip+rav4&_sacat=0

for HYQ12BDM, 1551A-12BDM, H Chip

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Remote-Key-...ash=item1a2150f44b:g:uIYAAOSw6DtYRtEU&vxp=mtr

Mini VCI Diagnostic Tool Cable

Mini VCI Diagnostic Tool Cable Scanner for Toyota Lexus TIS Techstream V10.30.29

Here's a video . It will give you a good idea

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cheeser

Thanks

Bill
Bill...neither fob that I was given have the p/n on them, unlike my 4Runner fobs. The dealer provided me wit the correct p/n that I provided above.

I'm going to program as others have done...2011Rav4 provided above.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Bill...neither fob that I was given have the p/n on them, unlike my 4Runner fobs. The dealer provided me wit the correct p/n that I provided above.

I'm going to program as others have done...2011Rav4 provided above.
Open up the KEYFOB and see if the FCC number is stamped somewhere on the inside ? It should also have a H stamped on the top of keyblade itself.

Toyota RAV4 Key Fob Battery Replacement Guide - 2013 To 2016 Model Years - Picture Illustrated Automotive Maintenance DIY Instructions

1 - 10 of 10 Posts