Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, there, I just purchased new 2017 RAV4 LE, I am in Canada, we recorded a very high temp last week.....so here is my story:
Last Wednesday, I got home and left again in ~30 min, when I started the car and turn on AC, I hear some loud noise from the front somewhere close to engine.....~ 40-50 seconds, it goes away, then I arrived at Walmart, parked for ~10 min, return to the car, started and turn on AC, the noise happen again for ~20 seconds.....
I drove to dealership, the guy in the shop looked at it and told me it is normal, the noise is because my cooling fan behind compressor was on high speed due to the hot weather........but sales rep tried 2 other RAV4 park in the yard, did not make noise.....

my other friends who drives RAV4 told me they do not hear the noise.....and this kind of problem usually happen to old car....at less 5 year of more.....and they also said, dealership's shop will always convince you there is nothing wrong with you car until the problem become obvious.....

I attached audio recorded with my phone:
In my car: started the car - normal, turned on AC - noise started, walk out my car and put phone close to hood - clearer and louder noise, ~40 seconds - noise stopped.

I don't know much about cars, what should I do. plz help

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,125 Posts
I'd believe "the guy in the shop." It's normal, no worries, just the cooling fans on the radiator. You may also hear them running after shutting the car off.
Sales reps often know very little about cars, just how to sell them. The ones he/she tried in the parking lot were much cooler than yours since they'd likely not been run in days.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'd believe "the guy in the shop." It's normal, no worries, just the cooling fans on the radiator. You may also hear them running after shutting the car off.
Sales reps often know very little about cars, just how to sell them. The ones he/she tried in the parking lot were much cooler than yours since they'd likely not been run in days.
What he said. ^^^^ It is normal. They all do it at times. The ones on the dealer lot don't because they haven't been driven enough to fully come up to operating temperatures. My 2017 sounds similar to an F18 on afterburner when all the fans kick in. No biggie and I like it. I know the car is functioning properly and correctly protecting itself from the heat.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thx for the reply!
1st new car....really worried....I tried to upload the noise I recorded, but not able to......

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What he said. ^^^^ It is normal. They all do it at times. The ones on the dealer lot don't because they haven't been driven enough to fully come up to operating temperatures. My 2017 sounds similar to an F18 on afterburner when all the fans kick in. No biggie and I like it. I know the car is functioning properly and correctly protecting itself from the heat.
I attached audio recorded with my phone:
In my car: started the car - normal, turned on AC - noise started, walk out my car and put phone close to hood - clearer and louder noise, ~40 seconds - noise stopped.

Please listen to it and advise if it is normal cooling fan high speed noise, Thank you all!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,097 Posts
Put that can of paranoia back on the shelf......it's normal and doing what it is supposed to do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts