Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys last week i just recieved my new 2017 rav4 xle awd. At 178 km on my odo my brakes seems soft when braking. They say its the break in period but i feel like its taking way to long. Should i not worry? Btw this is my first ever new car.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Normally 15 or 20 miles is all you should need for break in on the brakes. Brakes are normally very good on the Rav. I would take it out and do some aggressive stops . The pads may have some glaze on them and the aggressive stops will help. If this doesn't do the trick, I would recommend another trip to the dealership.

·
Registered
132 Posts
What car are you coming from? Brakes can feel different depending on what you've driven in the past.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you are trying to deglaze and re-breaking in your pads then the process suggested by most high-end brake material suppliers is 20mph hard on brakes but do not bring car to a stop, 40 mph and the same as 20mph, 60mph and the same as 20mp then take the car for a short cooling off drive before taking it home to cool down. I have done this before on my cars and it seemed to have cleaned the rotors and reset the pads.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts