Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one looking to add a Exhaust Tip to their new 2017 Rav4 use Toyota part number PT18A-42090 It looks great and fits perfectly. Just push it on real good and tighten the clamp. I bought it at McGeorge Toyota 9319 west broad street
Richmond Va 23294, they have a online site, but you will have to look it up because looks like because I do not have any likes just yet I can not post a web address as of yet. They had the best price for only $35.62 just checked I bought several hundred dollars worth of parts like oil filters, engine air filter, cabin air filters, mud flaps, one cross bar for the roof rack on my FJ, cargo cover, crush washers for the oil pan, door sill protectors, and a few other things for my FJ. Not sure what the shipping would be for just the exhaust tip but the shipping on my $663.46 order was only $39.86. I shopped all around and they had the best prices on just about everything I bought and shipping. They have a phone# you can call and speak with someone if you are not sure about a part , real nice folks. Just checked the shipping cost for just the Tip from them to me in West TN is only $10.73 and if you live in Beverly Hills California it is only $11.25 so the shipping should not be to bad wherever you live. It really gives it a good look. I will have to take a Pic to show you but until then, this part works for anyone trying to find something that would work on their 2017 Rav4. I'm glad I joined this forum so I can stay on top of what is going on in the world of the Rav4.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
2017 Rav4 Exhaust Tip Pictures

Here are the Pictures of the Toyota Stainless Steel Part I installed on my wife's 2017 Rav4. It is Toyota part number PT18A-42090 Jam it on tightly and tighten the clam and you are good to go. I polished the tip with my buffing wheel other wise it is has a brushed look normally.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Looks good. Personally though I've never been a fan of adding a tip like that to a downward angled exhaust like ours. Just personal preference. If it could came straight out it would look better but we're kinda stuck with what toyota gave us without spending a lot of money.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the reply. I know what you are talking about, but if this one went straight out, it would hit the bumper. My FJ is the same as this Rav4, it also exits to the rear at an angle. The wife like a little shine.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I agree. not a big fan on the downward angle. I like chrome tips, but i'll save my money until I can get it to the muffler shop and have the guys there put on a proper tip.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Proper Tip?

I agree. not a big fan on the downward angle. I like chrome tips, but i'll save my money until I can get it to the muffler shop and have the guys there put on a proper tip.
What do you mean by proper tip? This Tip is a toyota part# and fits like glove and is chrome like you like it. It is polished stainless steel. It comes pretty shiny. I just polished it just a little more cause I like it real shiny. I promise you, you will not go wrong with this Tip.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,731 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
What is the diameter of the stock pipe? Lots of nice looking after market tips out there to look at.

·
Premium Member
7,942 Posts
If the current OEM tip is the same as was available in 2006, it's a good choice, I had one on my 2006 V6 for the better part of 9yrs, it still looked great when I traded it off in '15.

·
Registered
13 Posts
If the current OEM tip is the same as was available in 2006, it's a good choice, I had one on my 2006 V6 for the better part of 9yrs, it still looked great when I traded it off in '15.
Thanks for the reply, I will check out the Toyota tip.\
Love the color of your Rav 4. Mine is the same color. I will have to get a couple pictures and post them. How did you get it small enough to use as an avatar

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got the same part# as the OP mentioned, installing was easy. This toyota part is really well built and it does not seem that it will get loose and fall. Thanks again OP.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Also interested if it fits a 2015

1 - 20 of 22 Posts