Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Do you have pinstriping on your new RAV4.3?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious how many 4.3 owners have pinstriping on their new Ravs. I don't remember seeing any photos, other than ours, that have pinstriping!

This is just a fun poll for my curiosity sake.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I think pinstriping will really set off theunique design of the Rav. I am going to have mine from the high cornor of the rear trail light to the high conor of the front headlight. Whatever!

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
inlets said:
I think pinstriping will really set off theunique design of the RAV. I am going to have mine from the high cornor of the rear trail light to the high conor of the front headlight. Whatever!
That is pretty much where ours is set. (see album for better pics).

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I find this interesting! I like the pinstriping!

·
Super Moderator
1,566 Posts
It's not that I don't like the visual effect pinstriping provides... It's that I detest dealers charging $100-$200 for a $3 length of adhesive-backed vinyl. That and the way they get polishing wax wedged between the paint and the stripes. :wink:

The flanks of the new RAV do seem to be a little too much of a clean slate, but maybe I'm just too used to having side and fender flares/cladding after 9 years of previous RAVs! :lol:

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ours was packaged in with the "Extra Mile Option"...so, I have no idea how much it would have cost on its own. I do know, however....that I'm glad I didn't have to install it...I would have messed it BIG time...I have the worse luck in the world! LOL!

I like it because it is subtle...but, adds a little something. Not too overpowering.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Pin Stripe

I have a pinstripe artist scheduled to paint stripes our '07 Ltd tomorrow. My spouse wants her initials, too. That's up for debate. I would have gone with the tape stripes, I've done them before. But, for the price, custom paint stripes will help make this a unique look.

PS - any Rav4'ers out there in Southern NJ - I'll be glad to set up referrals. Believe me - the price that dealers actually pay to have cars pin stripped is very reasonable. What they charge customers - well let's just say - their profit margin is HUGE!

Pic's will follow - I do want to share!

·
Registered
346 Posts
No pinstriping on the Rav. But on the Camry, yes. I don't know how much the cost was. I suppose it was included in the online price.

On the end of the stripe, I see the cut into the clear coat. I notice it more and more as the 02 Camry ages. :(

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
i like pinstriping as long as its done oldschool.........not this applied sticker suff that dealers want to charge hundreds of dollars........... :wink:

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Pin Stripe Pics are in my album!

Artist "just" finished ... pics are hot off the presses :shock: ... Tell me what you think!

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Thanks for the feedback

Donna / OC,

Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback. The more I look at it the better I like it, too! The light brown and the deep burgundy are a very complementary combination on the Savanna body :)

Next task will be installing the mudflaps. But first I'm going to check with a buddy at a local body shop to get his opinion on color-matching and painting the black Toyota flaps.

Then I'm on to hunting down the Canadian version of the body side molding.

·
Registered
39 Posts
karrock said:
It's not that I don't like the visual effect pinstriping provides... It's that I detest dealers charging $100-$200 for a $3 length of adhesive-backed vinyl. That and the way they get polishing wax wedged between the paint and the stripes. :wink:

Go to a body shop and ask who they use for pinstriping. Charges in my area are around $25-30 for both sides. Many of these people are mobile and will go right to your house. They just need a warm place for installation.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Around here, pinstriping on newer vehicles are rare.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Luigi, that pinstriping is awesome! It's unrealhow some people can have such a steady hand. No coffee for them, I guess!

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
A steady hand

SoCalCindy said:
Luigi, that pinstriping is awesome! It's unrealhow some people can have such a steady hand. No coffee for them, I guess!
Thanks - I'll pass the complement along to the artist. I can't manage a straight line with a ruler :) . When some friends saw his work they want to book him too!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts