Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
That is a very clean install! Looks like it worked out using that 2" box frame. Hopefully Addco will use this concept and incorporate it into the future kits that they sell for our RAVs.

Bruce, is there any way that you can take a picture of how the box frame is attached to the RAVs chassis? Just curious to see how it is attached. Thanks. :D

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
derek
i'll try to get in on the square tube, but all i did was use the u-bolt that addco supplied had the tube drilled and attached it to the frame. same on the bottom of the tube, 2 holes for the bar bracket used grade 8 bolts and attached. used energy suspension 8" end links. the tube is 3" square. easier to get a wrench in.
bruce

·
Registered
650 Posts
Rooster,

Nice job! And nice touch with the paint.

The only suggestion I have for you is to get shorter links. The reason being that it's possible that it could flip on you.

What gauge is that 3" pipe? And how long are they?

What size bolts did you get for the L bracket on the bottom of the links?

Any tips you could give us?

Ok, now for what everyone wants to know... How's it handle now? :)

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

new shot for derek
the bracket is 5" long 1/4" thick, i used 8 " links to keep sway bar level with ground. these are only 1" more than addco gave us. so far took 25mph corner at 50mph, no tire squeal handles great.......

·
Registered
650 Posts
Rooster b said:
So far took 25mph corner at 50mph, no tire squeal handles great.......
Good to hear :D

I have stock springs and shocks, hopefully I'll still notice an improvement.

Can't wait to install mine.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Absolutely great! :D
Tomorrow is my trial day. Bushings plus sway bar. I'll spend most of the day on it, as I'm going to experiment with the hook-up of the bar. I'll be sure to get pics and let you know the outcome

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
forgot the bolt i used to go in the shock was only about 1 1/2"

·
Registered
650 Posts
Rooster b said:
forgot the bolt i used to go in the shock was only about 1 1/2"
Hmm.. I wonder why Mensajero had to use so meany washers as spacers.

If you flip the L bracket you could use a shorter link...

Any reason why you installed the other way?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
if you flip it the other way, you could use 7" link. i think it hits the shock so you have to put washers on it. dan at addco said the install i had was preferred

1 - 10 of 10 Posts