Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!!
I love this site! I am in the process of trying to save and figure out how I am going to fianance a Rav4. I love all the models, but I really like the 2003 and 2004. My problem is that I am having a hard time differientiating between the different packages. I know I want 4wd, and am torn between manual and auto. I don't need too many extras, but would like power windows/locks/mirrors and cruise control. The rest is gravy. I looked at the new 2006 model on Toyota's website, and it absolutely blew my mind!! Can someone please explain the different packages? I know there is an L and a sport package. This is going to be my first car that is all mine, and I just want to get the right Rav4! Any suggestions or comments are greatly appreciated!!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, I haven't really decided. I like the 2003 and 2004 models, but I like the 2006 too. I am really just trying to figure out the differences in the packages and figure out which model is best for me, but I will definetly post in the other forums.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like the 2006, but I think it is a little bigger than what I am needing. That's what I like about the 2004, they are smaller than most SUV's out on the market.
I posted in the 2001-2005 forum, but no one has replied about the differences in packages. Can anyone help me here? I just want to know what the L has and the Sport has that makes them special.

·
Super Moderator
1,566 Posts
Important point of note -- the 2003 has a 2.0L and the 2004 has a 2.4L. 2004 was also the "mid-life" refresh for the RAV4.2, with several small styling queues and changes inside and out -- some are minor and some aren't.

First glance differences are in the fog lights (rectangular-ish to round) and tail lamps (orange turn signals to all-red), a change in cloth seating material and some cosmetic changes to the dashboard, specifically the instrument cluster and the center console surround.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you very much for your imput! I did some more research on the two models, and had found that there were those differences. I am now leaning more towards the 2004 model because some of the "options" I want come standard on the 04, but not on the 03. Now it is more of a matter of narrowing down which package I want. I am trying to decide between the L and the Quick Order packages. I know I want a 4X4 that is possibly a manual, so anyone with any input on these two packages with the 4x4 manual feel free to give me your input. I don't remember if I said so before, but this is going to be my first vehicle that is all mine, so I would really appreciate anyone who can help me make it a great experience.
Thank You!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts