Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

301 - 320 of 320 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
I use Google maps and Waze for GPS using my phone as a hotspot too. Very little data used. That is handy also for pulling down audio books on a long trip or to let a bored passenger pull down an app. My better half loves solitaire. And she can watch a DVD. LOL

Also on PowerAmp: Use a 32 GB chip in the SD Crad spot formatted with Fat32. And I built the folders and M3u playlists from Itunes with this PC App I wrote. It also works great for most cars that directly support USB drives.

And I think when I set up Power Amp I must have had it search all folders. Once I fixed that it queued up the 20 or so playlists and 16 GB of music in about 30 seconds. BUT while it plays my playlists, I get no sound. :(

And a no big deal but annoying thing, it plays a radio station (not the current selection) very low as it boots up still slowly.

It's always something with the Bonroad, but the volume buttons on the steering wheel now work all the time!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Next reboot Power Amp is working on the Bonroad. I must say the music quality in the Rav4 now with mPower Amp working is better than it has ever been in 10 years. And I have the Ipod module with the awful interface. It won't knock your socks off but listenable. I have duplicated all of the playlists somehow, but progress.

In the end unless I hear bad things about the HIZPO I will probably install the HIZPO and see if I can get a few $$ for the Bonroad. It is wired for JBL so its an easy add. But as it was before this update it was a paperweight. Now with the update I would feel better about selling it.

But from what I am hearing I think a faster HU is all I will get out of the HIZPO. A new HU adventure!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi guys,

I just bought a Rav4 and I'd like to replace the stero unit.

I'd like the option that fit perfectly on RAV4 withon any additional mask so, if I have understood well summarizing this thread and surfing on web, I have two option (speaking about the current "state of the art"):
1) HIZPO (XRC) with PX5 processor that is stable and pretty upgradable with not bad support.
2) Bonroad with Allwinner T8
Pros (compared with HIZPO stock): better performance (boot faster)/greater monitor
Cons (compared with HIZPO stock): less stable/less support/not upgradable

On both steering wheel work ok.

Is this right or I am totally wrong?

Cheers
Fabiano

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Hi guys,

I just bought a Rav4 and I'd like to replace the stero unit.

I'd like the option that fit perfectly on RAV4 withon any additional mask so, if I have understood well summarizing this thread and surfing on web, I have two option (speaking about the current "state of the art"):
1) HIZPO (XRC) with PX5 processor that is stable and pretty upgradable with not bad support.
2) Bonroad with Allwinner T8
Pros (compared with HIZPO stock): better performance (boot faster)/greater monitor
Cons (compared with HIZPO stock): less stable/less support/not upgradable

On both steering wheel work ok.

Is this right or I am totally wrong?

Cheers
Fabiano

You can search "aliexpress" for models that will fit your rav4

·
Registered
4 Posts
[quote @2011RAV4;2642685]You can search "aliexpress" for models that will fit your rav4[/quote]
Hi @2011RAV4:thumbs_up:, my question was about what is the best choice between PX5 and Allwinner T8 unit model :ponder:. I found many of both on aliexpress but I'd like to know what is the best based on the average user experience. It's a sort of poll :) I am reading english and italian forums and the choice is about this two processors but all opnions are conflicting :wall:).

I would ask just another opinion to you, but I think I will go to (HIZPO) PX5. :shrug:

Fabiano
:cheers:

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've ordered one of these a few weeks ago, and I'm getting ready to install it. However, I've noticed there are a few wires not connected to the vehicle end of the harness, and I'm not sure where they should go.

The wires in question have the following labels on them, and I think I've determined they are the following signals, but I'm not sure where I can find the wires to attach them to. I've also got two that I don't even have a guess about. Can you great folks here help me out?

Thanks in advance.

Amp-con - amplifier control
Ant - ?
Tv-ir - ?
Back-car - reverse signal
Auto-ant - auto antenna power
Brake-ctl - hand brake signal

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have the Hizpo Head unit powering up and I bought the Hizpo JBL cable, but no sound. But now I do not see how I can even wire the Hizpo up with my working JBL Interface as the Hizpo has no right left input connections. :(

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did you guys get a screen protector for smudges and maybe glare? If so, which one? I have a HIZPO HU with Malaysk ROM.. wanted to keep the screen scratch and oil free :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
I used a screen protector on an 8" headunit i put in my 08 Camry (android EONON) but i found, yes i stopped the glare.... but it also made it appear dull in colours and i believe the touch sensitivity was effected.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello) Tell me, please, regarding the installation of the head unit. I found a company SMARTY TREND now they provide me with all the information on my car for a long time wanted to add functionality, the basic ones were not enough. I wanted to know about your feedback about this company. Thank!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have 2011 vase with the Android stereo. For some reason when I put the car into reverse it doesn't switch the input of the show me the outline of the camera and I'm not sure why. By the license plate frame I have power and with the camera by the 12 volts from the reverse light.

The other end of the video cable is plugged into the proper RCA connector on the back. I thought can bus would switch the input automatically but it isn't.

·
Registered
56 Posts
HIZPO update. I bought another a black RAV4 Limited V6, a 2011. Wow! a much improved little wagon. But also going back and 4th between HIZPO support for a few months they finally posted how I could hook up the HIZPO connector to my JBL. It was just one wire that needed to power the AMP from the JBL connector to the standard HIZPO wiring.

It works!!! And the HIZPO JBL support seems to be a better JBL connection than the JBL PAC TATO. No need to max volume the JBL before removing the old radio. And no wires (except one HIZPO to HIZPO) to splice. The built in plugs take care of that. Simple install.

And on to the PX5 Android 8.0 top of the line Head unit. It is light years above the Bonroad in operational quality (software). It is much faster and remembers all the settings so far. This is Android in the car as it should be. And for me the HIZPO + JBL connector was under $300 through Ali Express. Although prices have gone up I see.

·
Registered
3 Posts
HIZPO update. I bought another a black RAV4 Limited V6, a 2011. Wow! a much improved little wagon. But also going back and 4th between HIZPO support for a few months they finally posted how I could hook up the HIZPO connector to my JBL. It was just one wire that needed to power the AMP from the JBL connector to the standard HIZPO wiring.

It works!!! And the HIZPO JBL support seems to be a better JBL connection than the JBL PAC TATO. No need to max volume the JBL before removing the old radio. And no wires (except one HIZPO to HIZPO) to splice. The built in plugs take care of that. Simple install.

I am glad to hear that your setup works. I am considering the exact same thing. Could you provide more information or a link to the HIZPO to HIZPO wire splice that you mentioned? If this setup is more or less plug and play with the HIZPO JBL adapter, I will pull the trigger.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Seeing this 2 year old thread is still on life support, I'll chime in.

I'm considering the 8" SWTNVIN on Amazon

looks like the 8" dropped the hard knobs and buttons.

Anyone have experience with this monster?

THanks

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Seeing this 2 year old thread is still on life support, I'll chime in.
I'm considering the 8" SWTNVIN on Amazon
looks like the 8" dropped the hard knobs and buttons.
Anyone have experience with this monster?
THanks
I am working on this one. So far I have had 1 Bonroad, and 2 Hizpos Android. All three had big bluetooth and Wireless problems. I and going to keep those try to fix with a bench 12v setup.

So I have the SWTNVIN Android 9 no buttons or DVD player with the SWTNVIN JBL adapter. This is a completely new case that is very light and is held in by the snapin controls on either side of the head unit. No screws. Also they are saying Android Auto works. I do doubt that. I will update this thread with my results and some pics if all goes well. But if I cannot get it working I will also give a thumbs down. These Chinese vendors seem to come and go and do not seem to understand all of the permutations as these vendors just buy from other HU suppliers, then brand it. As mentioned before in this thread you have to lookup the hardware code onle to see which vendor supplied the unit.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I’ve been running the same unit for months now, and honestly have no complaints. It’s a solid unit and just works. Love the disk less, buttonless design, nice big screen.

I did pair it up with a CarPlay/AndroidAuto wireless dongle, it’s a little finicky, but all in all, it works when I need. I’ll link it if there’s interest.

SWTNVIN Car Stereo for Toyota RAV4 Amazon.com: SWTNVIN Car Stereo for Toyota RAV4 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012,Android 9.0 8 inch HD Car Audio with 2GB RAM 32GB ROM Support WiFi BT GPS Steering Wheel,Free Backup Camera: GPS & Navigation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
56 Posts
Agreed Strex! The install only takes 15 minutes now that I have tried it 3 times, finally with the correctr JBL harness. :) I now have everything working and I Got rid of the infernal beeping after wiping the HU see below, The advanced coding PW is 8888 See below. I put up a pic. KInd of washed outby the sun.

I have read there is an update but I have not found a need for it so far after downloading all my apps and audio books. I would do a wipe after you first get the HU running to prevent installing apps twice. The vendor must have left some wierd stuff in there in some units. But I think it is related to Android Auto.

I have both of the USB cables in the top Rav4 glove box. One with 30 GB of music and playlists for Power Amp. I have a second unit for my daughters Rav4. I now have 1 Bonroad and two Hizpos that can be upgraded if anyone wants to play with them. They can be picked up in south Jersey, or you pay shipping. I also have 2 stock radios, one with Sirius. But I guess Il will keep them for now unless I get a good offer.

"Hello, Please click "setting" ---- click "car infotainment" ---- click "About device" ---- click the setting button in the upper right corner, enter the password "8888", click "OK", find and click "Erase all contents ", click" ok ", the device will restart, and then check whether the problem is resolved after the restart, thank you!"

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
One more thing though about the SWTNVIN. I could not get the Nova or Microsoft Launchers to work. They both do not see all the standard apps like Radio. That and general Android slowness are the only dings I can think of. The snapin install is really sweet. So is Android Auto working. But the sweetest thing so far is Bluetooth works every time!!! That was a problem with the last 3.

·
Registered
56 Posts
So after wiping the SWTNVIN and reinstalling all the apps, just standard ones like Android Auto and Audible the beeping at start up is back. It is really annoying, but after it beeps it stays quiet. Most likely I will have to live with that. I have a second unit I am setting up for my daughter. I will start with a wipe and then test each app one at a time.But the alternative is just using phone data and skipping Android Auto if that is a problem. Or perhaps the problem is in the SWTNVIN JBL harness which is the simplist one I have seen so far.

301 - 320 of 320 Posts