Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

321 - 338 of 338 Posts

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,643 Posts
Anyone tried one of the new style ones yet?

View attachment 153712

I have a JBL system, can anyone advise the best way to get it woking?
I seriously doubt that head unit will be compatible with the JBL system. It's plug and play in the non-JBL, but many of your connectors are different. There may be some adapter harnesses at Crutchfield.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I seriously doubt that head unit will be compatible with the JBL system. It's plug and play in the non-JBL, but many of your connectors are different. There may be some adapter harnesses at Crutchfield.
Yup I see the adapters. Just wondering now if anyone has tried these newer head units with the touch screen only, and if so, how did they find them.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I have an Android 8.0 that I got from AliExpress that works good with a 2011 BASE MODEL.

You need to MAKE SURE the one you get is compatible with your JBL SYSTEM. The sellers can tell you if they sell a wire harness for your model.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have an Android 8.0 that I got from AliExpress that works good with a 2011 BASE MODEL.

You need to MAKE SURE the one you get is compatible with your JBL SYSTEM. The sellers can tell you if they sell a wire harness for your model.
Thanks. So you have one like I posted that is only a screen, no knobs/buttons? How has it held up for you? What make/model? Any bugs you've noticed?

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
YOU NEED TO MAKE SURE IT COMES WITH THE JBL HARNESS . The standard harness wont work on JBL system

You need min 2g ram 32g rom.

·
Registered
98 Posts
YOU NEED TO MAKE SURE IT COMES WITH THE JBL HARNESS . The standard harness wont work on JBL system

You need min 2g ram 32g rom.

Is the one you linked the exact one that you bought? Anyone else have any good reviews of the fully touch screen display models? Do your steering wheel controls still work?

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I have a different one. The seller I got mine from doesn't sell them anymore. The one I posted is a brand you can look up. Again you are wasting your time if they don't sell s wire harness for your JBL SYSTEM.

I would suggest you email them to see if they do sell the harness for JBL SYSTEM.

I don't have steering wheel controls but it's supported with my system. Check with seller to make sure before you buy.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have a different one. The seller I got mine from doesn't sell them anymore. The one I posted is a brand you can look up. Again you are wasting your time if they don't sell s wire harness for your JBL SYSTEM.

I would suggest you email them to see if they do sell the harness for JBL SYSTEM.

I don't have steering wheel controls but it's supported with my system. Check with seller to make sure before you buy.
Yup. I have the JBL issue figured out. Can you say what seller you bought it from exactly? I mean the name of the exact seller, even if they don't sell it anymore.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I don't remember his name it was a year and a half ago. Must of the units are just rebranded . You have a better chance if you get a seller who has good feedback. I wouldn't buy from anyone who only sold a few units.

The one I posted was the other one I was going to buy but back then it was a lot more but had much better specs than the one I got.( it has 8 core mine was only 4)

I don't know what else to tell you. Good luck.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I don't remember his name it was a year and a half ago. Must of the units are just rebranded . You have a better chance if you get a seller who has good feedback. I wouldn't buy from anyone who only sold a few units.

The one I posted was the other one I was going to buy but back then it was a lot more but had much better specs than the one I got.( it has 8 core mine was only 4)

I don't know what else to tell you. Good luck.
Thanks. As you said, there is one here for around $130 CAD (4.9 stars with 73 orders) that is 2 cores 32gb, and seems exactly the same as others that are also 2 cores 32gb for $350-400. 👀

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Read the reviews and if you like it then get it. Just make sure you get 2g ram and 32g rom or you will run out of space for programs.

Compare the specs on each of them

Good luck.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Must be a reason why it is much cheaper than the other models.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I am not sure if the other reviews can say if it is still working after a year or two. A bit of a gamble possibly.
Yeah looked for that too, no one said anything. Wish I knew about longevity too. With these Chinese units I think it's really hit or miss.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
If you are concerned about the unit then go with a name brand . You may have to pay 2 or 3 times more.

You're not going to get a $500 unit for $130.

I don't know the seller but he might just be getting rid of his stock. Remember your Rav is old and that unit only fits 4.3.

321 - 338 of 338 Posts