Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2919 Rav4 Hybrid Limited, Entune 3.0, Adaptive Headlights, Advanced Technology Package built June 20
877 Posts
There is a 60 page quick reference guide for the Rav4h that I received with the car. Before the pickup I had downloaded it from the web site, printed it out and then reread the appropriate pages while being driven to the dealers. So I knew the crucial things in advance.

I still haven't bothered to voice train the nav/phone system. Someday maybe. Nor have I bothered to configure the homelink feature. My old school button that clips onto the visor works just fine and I can reach it without stabbing at unlit buttons at night. It must be at least 12 years old.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Nor have I bothered to configure the homelink feature. My old school button that clips onto the visor works just fine and I can reach it without stabbing at unlit buttons at night. It must be at least 12 years old.
I didn't program the Homelink feature right away either but I'm glad I finally did. For whatever reason my old school (15 yo) clicker just doesn't work as well as Homelink. Homelink seems to have greater range and it rarely takes more than one click to get the garage door going. My old clicker was finicky this way and even with new batteries sometimes I was pushing the button 5 or 6 times. I like the homelink MUCH better.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I didn't program the Homelink feature right away either but I'm glad I finally did. For whatever reason my old school (15 yo) clicker just doesn't work as well as Homelink. Homelink seems to have greater range and it rarely takes more than one click to get the garage door going. My old clicker was finicky this way and even with new batteries sometimes I was pushing the button 5 or 6 times. I like the homelink MUCH better.
your right,
it works great!!
i sold my Lexus RX300 to be replaced by the RAV4H.
I did delete my Homelink codes, when it sold....

·
Registered
371 Posts
Two equally intelligent new owners. One gets a 30 minute session at the dealership with a salesman. One gets alone time with the manual in his own garage or driveway.

Let them sleep on it. In the morning, give them each a test on the features and controls of their new toy.

Which one will get the better grade?

·
Registered
2919 Rav4 Hybrid Limited, Entune 3.0, Adaptive Headlights, Advanced Technology Package built June 20
877 Posts
Two equally intelligent new owners. One gets a 30 minute session at the dealership with a salesman. One gets alone time with the manual in his own garage or driveway.

Let them sleep on it. In the morning, give them each a test on the features and controls of their new toy.

Which one will get the better grade?
Depends on their learning style. A could easily best M if A retains more the teacher says way. We all are different.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I had a 53 Chevy, 2 tone, white over sky blue. You could stand in the engine bay, next to the engine, to work on it. Simple? Absolutely. Safe? Nope, although a the old lady that had it before me was in a fender bender with a 68 Chevy, and the 68 lost. Talk about a clash of kinetic energy!

I wish I still had it (probably cost more than the RAV4h now :unsure: )

41 - 49 of 49 Posts