·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am trying to get a new RAV4 car.
There is a dealer offer me the price around 26K
(2016 RAV4 XLE, silver, cargo net tray)
However, the car already have 200 mileages....

So my question is, is that normal for a new car having that much mileages?(the dealer told me that this car was trad in from other dealer)
and do you guys think this is a good price?

thank you for help again!

·
Registered
291 Posts
...........However, the car already have 200 mileages....

So my question is, is that normal for a new car having that much mileages?(the dealer told me that this car was trad in from other dealer).......
If they didn't go get the car specifically for you, get the dealer to knock a few $$$$'s off due to the mileage. Just another bargaining chip for you.

·
Registered
248 Posts
If they didn't go get the car specifically for you, get the dealer to knock a few $$$$'s off due to the mileage. Just another bargaining chip for you.
Dealer trades are quite common, my vehicle was obtained by a trade with a dealer about 80 miles away. Likely another dealer's customer was the one who wanted a specific vehicle from your dealer's inventory. Your vehicle was the reciprocating vehicle which they often choose to help balance their inventory. For example if they are low on Limiteds they will ask for one of those as return in the trade. You could ask for a few bucks off on the vehicle but I don't think its likely that they'll bite unless the mileage was notably higher than that.

·
Registered
324 Posts
My local dealer sells cars as new if they are under 300 km / 185 miles. Not sure if it's dealer policy or Toyota's policy. Usually they are used briefly as demo's then sold as new. In any case, provided the car is clean and damage free I don't care.

·
Registered
8,535 Posts
My RAV was part of a dealer swap - the only way he could get the exact vehicle which I wanted, and it had about 150 miles on it when I took delivery.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
The key thing that I think people are missing is that the 3/36 manuf. warranty starts when you accept the keys to the vehicle regardless of the milage on the odometer.

It would behoove the new owner to have the dealership indicate the odometer milage on the necessary paperwork to indicate when the warranty milage began.

I had that issue with only 72 miles on a brand new Highlander - the finance guy corrected the paperwork for me after bringing it to his attention.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts