Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Next Wednesday I'll be pickin' up my new Rav4, and I'm behaving like achild. Excited, yet trying to keep my cool. :lol:
Wanna say "Thanks" to all for a great forum, got a lot of tips regaring my new baby.
Maybe later on down the road, I too will be modding my car.

Anyways, just wanted to give my appretiation to the forum.... :D

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Guzzy said:
Next Wednesday I'll be pickin' up my new RAV4, and I'm behaving like achild. Excited, yet trying to keep my cool. :lol:
Wanna say "Thanks" to all for a great forum, got a lot of tips regaring my new baby.
Maybe later on down the road, I too will be modding my car.

Anyways, just wanted to give my appretiation to the forum.... :D
Congratulations! I was just as excited on June 29, 2004 when I picked up my RAV4.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RAV4EVR said:
What car is it?
I assume that he is referring to his new RAV4. I have a habit of referring to all vehicles - pickups, SUVs, minivans, etc. - as "cars".

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I see.... Guzzy...... u must be getting heck of a deal on the RAV because they may be downloading the 06 RAV trucks from the big truck right infront of u as u take delivery........ :lol:

Well... I hope U really r getting a good deal.

Congratulations.......... in these situations, I get a condition and the condition is called,........... "INSOMNIA" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep us updated.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RAV4EVR said:
I see.... Guzzy...... u must be getting heck of a deal on the RAV because they may be downloading the 06 RAV trucks from the big truck right infront of u as u take delivery........ :lol:

Well... I hope U really r getting a good deal.

Congratulations.......... in these situations, I get a condition and the condition is called,........... "INSOMNIA" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep us updated.
I know the feeling... felt it TWICE recently, once was RAV4-related...

a) The 2005 RAV4 Chili Plus comes with sports pedals and power moonroof. Mine, a 2004, did not! :(

b) I bought my Apple iBook two weeks before Apple released the new ones with extra RAM and included Bluetooth interface, among a couple of other little extra.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Greets...

Good wishes for your new car coming in.

I guess I just got lucky. I had been cruising the lots in 3 adjacent cities for about 5 months now looking for exactly what I wanted. That is to say;

- Titanium Silver
- Sport package
- Manual tranny
- 2wd.

For 4 months of that search, I never bothered dealing with the people at any of these dealers because I never actually saw one that matched my criteria. Lots of silver RAVs, all automatic, or if they had the automatic, they didn't have the sport package. For some reason, I've never been a "fight with the dealer and get one ordered, then wait forever" kind of guy.

Low and behold, on the 6th of August, I rambled into my local dealer who happened to have exactly what I wanted.

THEN, and ONLY then, it dawned on me that I hadn't actually sat in one to see if I'd fit (at 6'4" and substantially more than the typical 185# driver). Once I made the critical mistake of sitting in it, 5 hours later it was mine.

If I had any regrets to speak of, it would be that I didn't demand/negotiate for additional options that I only later realized would be cool. (the JBL system and -- of all things -- keyless entry, which I thought came standard on EVERY 2005 car these days)

Unfortunately Toyota hasn't figured out that 3x as many people would buy their add-ons if they were even remotely reasonable in price. All-weather floormats at $90 USD and a keyless entry system at $437 for parts only is NOT my idea of reasonable.

One thing that bothers me, and that I sincerely wanted but could not get is a stock, dealer or factory-installed Navigation system. Why did I want one? Because I'm a gadget freak I suppose...

Right now, rather than "thugging up" my new baby, I'm sincerely gathering pennies for one of the OEM Camry units at oemvalue.com, BUT.... and this scares me... Is my dealer going to void my warranty if I buy it? I can't seem to get a straight answer out of them, so I'm leary of the investment.

Anyone else have any horror stories about the aftermarket stuff and warranties?

Wayne Hunt

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I can't imagine adding a nav system would void your warranty unless it was installed improperly and caused the problem related to your warranty claim.

·
Registered
214 Posts
gamma742 said:
Well I can't imagine adding a nav system would void your warranty unless it was installed improperly and caused the problem related to your warranty claim.
Thanks for the reply. I couldn't "imagine" them doing that either, but I've got a lawyer/friend who's currently representing someone versus Kia because Kia voided the entire warranty based on his installation of a cd-changer...

Me personally? I'm an "early adopter" type, and I can't believe that Toyota completely missed the boat by not selling these things from the dealership. I swear to God almighty, my 71-year-old dealer tried to convince me that "having a tape deck is a very good thing because you just can't get them any more". Generational issues aside, it made me remember the fact that CD's themselves are now almost 20 years old. IMHO, all cars should come with a minimum of an iPod (or other MP3 player) interface and a bluetooth capability.

For a vehicle that's clearly aimed at the more youthful college-aged market, I'm starting to wonder if Toyota has simply, completely, and utterly abandoned the RAV4 as a sporty little ute in favor of the Scion xB...? Certainly looks that way, according to the 2006 4.3 RAV4 pictures.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wayne said:
gamma742 said:
Thanks for the reply. I couldn't "imagine" them doing that either, but I've got a lawyer/friend who's currently representing someone versus Kia because Kia voided the entire warranty based on his installation of a cd-changer...
What the what the what they what the hey??? :roll: From what I've read, car manufacturers cannot void your warranty just because you added some electronic accessories. It was printed as one of the FAQs in the manual of an immobilizer that I bought for my car. I don't remember the exact name of the agreement, but it said that car manufacturers cannot void the warranty merely due to the installation of accessories. If you don't use genuine mechanical parts and/or perform mechanical modifications, I would understand why the manufacturer would void your warranty. However, I would believe (or at least hope!) that a nav system or CD changer should be OK.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts