Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive done just about everything but check the new pressure plate and fly wheel for warping. but wanted to ask has any one had a problem with the section of clutch line where is goes from the engine to the firewall its rubber to be flexable now ive heard and seen before where brake lines that are made of the same rubber have failed cause they swell. now has anyone heard of this happening on a rav4 clutch line i just wanted to ask im going to be pulling the tranny tomorrow to check pressure plate and flywheel so i can put my mind to rest thanks again for the help.

·
Super Moderator
11,338 Posts
I don't completely understand your problem but if the clutch disengaged before the new one was installed the hydraulic parts including the hoses must have been working. Something must be installed wrong, possibly the throughout bearing. Does the slave cylinder move the clutch fork?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my problem is i cant get the clutch to disengage fully i know for a fact there is no air in the lines and everything was installed correctly i didnt get the flywheel resurfaced but since i didnt wear all the way down to the rivets i didnt do any damage to the flywheel so i just sanded it down. the last things i hadnt checked was if the new parts are what they susposed to be. i visually checked the parts with the old ones before i put them in and everything lined up. nothing was forced or broken either thats what has me confused. i am guessing i either have some kinda lip on the flywheel surface or something with the pressure plate and or clutch disc is warped that i didnt notice that is all i can think of. i just wanted to see if any body else out there had a problem like this ever on there rav4. thanks again for taking the time to reply i appricate it.

Frank

1 - 3 of 3 Posts