Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eibach just installed their new suspension lift kit in my 2019 Adventure this week. Lifts the Adventure +1.6" in the front and +1.1" in the rear (non-adventures Rav4's will have higher numbers). The kit will go into production immediately and should be available no later than February. Check out the photos on my Instagram @blueyota4, I also posted a first impressions video on my youtube channel:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Do you know why the 1/2" difference in the rear? The rear actually looks saggy in this pic now. Curious the reasoning behind the different heights. When loaded the rear should sag even more making things more unbalanced.

·
Registered
32 Posts
How is a suspension lift different than a spacer lift? Ppl say suspension lifts are a lot more expensive but I paid a pretty penny for my spacer kit from LP Adventure. Starting to have buyer’s remorse...

·
Registered
104 Posts
How is a suspension lift different than a spacer lift? Ppl say suspension lifts are a lot more expensive but I paid a pretty penny for my spacer kit from LP Adventure. Starting to have buyer’s remorse...
This is just springs, it is using a component within the suspension to provide lift and therefore they are calling it as such. In reality, it is taking the shocks out of their intended functional range while not adding any additional travel. They are reducing droop to provide the lift. Without shocks that are longer and designed to work with the spring, you are essentially netting the same thing as with a spacer lift and so it is not any "better" from a design standpoint. The main difference with the LP kit is that it includes spacers for all suspension components, and has an offset in the front top plate to account for the positive camber from the suspension now being run at a different part of the travel cycle. This makes alignment much easier and keeps the factory geometry and driving characteristics.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A few weeks after the install, the noise I noted in the video when going over bumps is all gone. Ride experience is undistinguishable from stock springs.

Here's a quick holiday update post of the lift at a more settled rate. As you can see there is a hint of the silver springs in the front wheel well :love:

If you have any specific questions regarding the springs and fitment, I would recommend reaching out to eibach. If you have questions about the build, I am much more responsive on Instagram: @blueyota4

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As much as I love LP Aventure's products, their Rav4 lift kit is grossly overpriced.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I have always hated "leveled" look. On most vehicles it ends up looking saggy, and if you put a 20lb cooler in the back you are blinding everyone around you.

That said, I am curious if I could combine the Eiback springs with my current lift to get 3+ inches :) .

Also, yes, the LP adventure kit is priced like a full coil / shock replacement, but doesnt really provide anything that the other $300-400 spacer lifts don't.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have always hated "leveled" look. On most vehicles it ends up looking saggy, and if you put a 20lb cooler in the back you are blinding everyone around you.

That said, I am curious if I could combine the Eiback springs with my current lift to get 3+ inches :) .

Also, yes, the LP adventure kit is priced like a full coil / shock replacement, but doesnt really provide anything that the other $300-400 spacer lifts don't.
Eibach’s engineer team said you could combine them with spacers (which they obviously don’t recommend)—the issue would be finding adjustable components to bring the alignment back to spec

·
Registered
104 Posts
Except the trailing arm and rear shock relocation, right? I wouldn’t overlook their contribution to maintaining factory geometry. However, likely not worth the extra coin to those who don’t give a damn about those things, but the kits are not 100% like-to-like.

What I found interesting when I purchased a package from them was how reasonable their wheel prices are comparatively.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
512 Posts
Except the trailing arm and rear shock relocation, right? I wouldn’t overlook their contribution to maintaining factory geometry. However, likely not worth the extra coin to those who don’t give a damn about those things, but the kits are not 100% like-to-like.
The thing is, they don't actually articulate what aspects of geometry are fixed by their extra parts. IMO, "keeps factory geometry" is as far as they went, and did it solely for marketing, which itself is worth the money to some. But, until they even attempt to explain what aspects of the rear geometry are unsatisfactory without their extra spacers, I can't see the value in those items.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The thing is, they don't actually articulate what aspects of geometry are fixed by their extra parts. IMO, "keeps factory geometry" is as far as they went, and did it solely for marketing, which itself is worth the money to some. But, until they even attempt to explain what aspects of the rear geometry are unsatisfactory without their extra spacers, I can't see the value in those items.
It would be the factory droop. Thats usually why you would want to space out the shock. This is also the reason why I wont be running a lift spring. You are just using up your droop travel to lift the vehicle. There is already somewhat limited amount of articulation on these cars. If you watch blueyota's video at 2.50 mark, when the car gets dropped off the lift you can see how there is almost no compression in the rear wheels with the cars weight.

·
Registered
512 Posts
It would be the factory droop. Thats usually why you would want to space out the shock. This is also the reason why I wont be running a lift spring. You are just using up your droop travel to lift the vehicle. There is already somewhat limited amount of articulation on these cars. If you watch blueyota's video at 2.50 mark, when the car gets dropped off the lift you can see how there is almost no compression in the rear wheels with the cars weight.
This is true, but by far the biggest limitation in offroad capability on these vehicle is ground clearance. On the trails, I have rubbed and scraped both bumpers multiple times, and even high-centered on what I thought was a pretty mild trail--I was teetering on the center under-body panels, and have the big dent in said panels to prove it. So, trading some droop for ground clearance actually makes a lot of sense. In any case, droop is most significant for higher speed stuff where you want the tire to be able to "reach" down to low sections of trail without the whole chassis having to tip. On slower-speed stuff, though, the body will rock as required to keep tires down. So again, while these mods all sacrifice droop, it is not likely significant at the slower-speeds with which most of us would drive these vehicles on rougher trails.

·
Registered
39 Posts
This is true, but by far the biggest limitation in offroad capability on these vehicle is ground clearance. I have rubbed and scraped both bumpers multiple tines, and even high-centered on what I thought was a pretty mild trail--I was teetering on the center under-body panels, and have the big dent in said panels to prove it. So, trading some droop for ground clearance actually makes a lot of sense.
Do you already have a lift spacer kit installed?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Eibach just got back to me—they have been running on a reduced staff due to the pandemic, but the springs are rescheduled to release around august!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks!

OP, did they say if the coils have a higher spring rate?
I didn't get a hold of the engineering manager himself since he's been at home due to the pandemic--so I was only able to get information on what their production calendar said from someone else from their marketing department.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Sounds like some more creative lines are in order!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Of course. But, I wasnt just getting from A to B; I was out enjoying various challenges the trail had to offer. In any case, again, by far the biggest limitation of this vehicle in stock trim is ground clearance.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts