Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

121 - 138 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
2021 XLE Premium AWD
276 Posts
A couple buddies and I installed the Eibach's in our garage this weekend. After running into some issues and figuring out (getting the bolts to wiggle out), everything went smooth. Thing to note, the stock springs are significantly shorter than the Eibach's, so get yourself a strong impact wrench if you plan on doing it yourselves. Got aligned and it's good to go.

Before:
View attachment 156230
After: View attachment 156231
Any vibrations or driving comfort issues after?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Does anyone have any recommendations on where to buy these springs now? Looking to get them soon so I can get the lift kit installed with my new wheels. I'm in the SoCal area.

I ordered/tried from Peak Suspension, but they've been unresponsive to my order updates since my purchase on Monday, so I'm cancelling.
Good luck I hear everyone is out and they are not going to be back in stock until the first of the year.

·
Registered
2019 RAV4 XLE AWD
34 Posts
No vibrations no issues, ride is feels similar to stock, a bit more stiff but that just means cornering is better. I haven't heard of anyone having vibration issues with the eibachs, I've only heard issues with all of the spacer lift kits (ex: ReadyLift, Rough Country)

·
Registered
2020 RAV4 TRD Off-Road
15 Posts
The only issues I had was a thunk sound coming from one of my springs in the rear. after about a day the sound went away. I checked the spring and everything was tight and looked good. I'm assuming it was just settling. I believe a few other people had this issue as well and it went away quickly.

·
Registered
29 Posts
After having these installed do you need to do an alignment? Plan on finally getting mine installed in the next week or so.

·
Registered
2019 RAV4 XLE AWD
34 Posts
After having these installed do you need to do an alignment? Plan on finally getting mine installed in the next week or so.
I got an alignment after installing the lift, and would suggest getting one as well. Anytime you do anything to suspension, it is advised to get an alignment.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I finally got some spring rate numbers from Eibach but they are hard to believe...bc they are quite low. They said the rear springs are 204 lb/in. (The front is even lower at 170 lb/in). In comparison the stock coils are 210 lb/in, the Rnofit/Dendoff springs are 370 lb/in, and the RSR I-Jouge coilovers are 335 lb/in. Anyone know what the Bilstein B4 or B6 spring rates are?
edit:
Called them again and the numbers are 205lb/in in the back and 170lb/in in the front

·
Registered
86 Posts
Can anyone with the eibach springs installed tell me how big the space btw the coils in the rear springs is?

thanks!

·
Registered
32 Posts
anyone with the eibach pro lift springs notice any premature wear on cv joint boots? or is this a non issue with this small a lift?

·
Registered
32 Posts
should anyone have a need for them, I have available, take off set of trd springs, and falken 225/60r18 tires less than 500 miles

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello, planning to get a RAV4 XSE hybrid in a few months and am planning a bunch of mods for it. One of them being a lift or stiffer rear springs. Is anyone using these Eibach springs with a lot of gear like a roof tent and spare tire swing? I have seen others going the LP lift kit route with stiffer springs mentioned at the bottom of this page: Store

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hello, planning to get a RAV4 XSE hybrid in a few months and am planning a bunch of mods for it. One of them being a lift or stiffer rear springs. Is anyone using these Eibach springs with a lot of gear like a roof tent and spare tire swing? I have seen others going the LP lift kit route with stiffer springs mentioned at the bottom of this page: Store
Eibachs are useless if you plan on putting weight on the rig. They are softer than OEM regular springs.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #137 (Edited)
Eibachs are useless if you plan on putting weight on the rig. They are softer than OEM regular springs.
False. I’ve been running my Eibach lift with a swing out and +2” tires and on occasion more gear—not to mention using the same setup to move with—with minimal to no sag. That wouldn’t have been the case with stock springs. They may be “softer” but you’re not taking into account that they’re longer/taller.

121 - 138 of 138 Posts