Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
End of next month the I4 is getting a new exhaust system. WIll be a custom built cat-back, probably 3-3.5" pipes, either a Borla or Bassani muffler system and a side by side dual exhaust. Once that's done, it will be going on a Dyna for tweeking the CPU to maximize the new exhaust. All this for $375.00 out the door by Exhasut Systems Hawaii & Team TRD, Hawaii. Still might not match the V6 but, according to my tech, he wont be surpirsed if it tickles the 185 HP mark on the dyna, but we'll have to wait and see. The way I look at it, for $375.00 it's worth it..... :D

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TRD in houston,tx ???

Any idea where i can get a custom exhaust from a TRD dealer in houston,tx.

I hope to get my v6 limited sometime in the next two weeks...

·
Registered
240 Posts
Forget the exhaust, I wanna hear more about this ECU tweaking. What program are they using if it's flash based?

FWIW, I wouldn't trust ANY shop that's recommending a 3-3.5" exhaust for a N/A 4 cylinder application. They OBVIOUSLY have NO clue. Unless, of course, it's YOU whose pushing for this.

Stock is 2.5", which is plenty large for your application. If you go bigger, you're gonna hate the part-throttle response from the loss of torque down low. I hardly think it's worth it for the 1 or 2 HP you might gain at WOT near redline.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Spoke with the shop. I misunderstood what they were saying. They say the stock 2.5" diameter is best unless I want to put turbo on it, thena larger pipe would be best. I don't plan on any turbo. I'm still undecided on the new muffler. Since I have experience with Bassani HD pipes and headers, I'm leaning that way but I'm still not 100%. I've heard Borla is good, as is flowmaster. I want the added HP without the noise (I get all the noise I need with my Harley). Any suggestions?

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmmmmmm interesting...... :shock: Well I guess I got some research to do. Thanks for the advice..... :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts