Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, this kinda belongs here, but kinda doesn't. Being in the US, I am kinda unknowledgable about the FJ cruiser. I was wondering how it compares to the Rav 4.1. I may be looking for a second vehicle in a year or so, when I get this one up to show/ricer status. I hope to not have it as my daily anymore, but rather my toy car. So yeah, details on exactly what the FJ is would be nice. Is it more rugged, or is it still a car based platform? Shorter or longer than a 4.1? Wider? good looking or fugly? It is supposed to hit US in 2006, right?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: New FJ vs. RAV4

SZRimaging said:
Ok, this kinda belongs here, but kinda doesn't. Being in the US, I am kinda unknowledgable about the FJ cruiser. I was wondering how it compares to the RAV 4.1. I may be looking for a second vehicle in a year or so, when I get this one up to show/ricer status. I hope to not have it as my daily anymore, but rather my toy car. So yeah, details on exactly what the FJ is would be nice. Is it more rugged, or is it still a car based platform? Shorter or longer than a 4.1? Wider? good looking or fugly? It is supposed to hit US in 2006, right?
Do a google search "FJ Cruiser 2007" you'll see some sweet pics. Its quite wide (it has 3 wipers on the front) but i'm not sure on the exact dimensions. STandard V6 245hp.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

SZRimaging said:
Ok, this kinda belongs here, but kinda doesn't. Being in the US, I am kinda unknowledgable about the FJ cruiser. I was wondering how it compares to the RAV 4.1. I may be looking for a second vehicle in a year or so, when I get this one up to show/ricer status. I hope to not have it as my daily anymore, but rather my toy car. So yeah, details on exactly what the FJ is would be nice. Is it more rugged, or is it still a car based platform? Shorter or longer than a 4.1? Wider? good looking or fugly? It is supposed to hit US in 2006, right?
http://www.autoweek.com/files/specials/2005_chicago/fjcruiser/pages/1.htm

"ON SALE: Early 2006
ESTIMATED PRICE: not available
BASE POWERTRAIN: 4.0 liter, 245 hp, 282 lb ft V6; 2wd or 4wd, five speed automatic
CURB WEIGHT: not available
WHAT'S COOL: Toyota can do retro design, too, Mr. Mays. Rides on the 4Runner SUV platform. Production version closely resembles 2003 concept vehicle.
WHAT AUTOMAKER SAYS: "The FJ Cruiser effectively fills a gap in the Toyota lineup which was once our core heritage -- capable, affordable and durable vehicles that are youthful, fun-to-drive, aggressive and tough," says Don Esmond, Toyota Division general manager."
"

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

csis_agent said:
SZRimaging said:
Do a google search "FJ Cruiser 2007" you'll see some sweet pics. Its quite wide (it has 3 wipers on the front) but i'm not sure on the exact dimensions. STandard V6 245hp.

I think the 3 wipers is because the windshield is so narrow from top to bottom.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My only complain in FJ is that door. I would prefer a conventional four door then I'm sold.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FJ will be real truck though, and that might explain possible switch to part time 4wd for Rav4.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts