Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, want to thank all who participated in the Wet Okole topics. Sounded like a good product, so mine are ordered and on the way.

I have a 2015 Rav 4 LE with 26,106 kilometers, purchased 2 years ago in Nov. 2015. Car is exactly 2 years old. The drivers side seat cushion shield came loose, so I took it into the local dealer ( not where I bought the car). Service guy ( who didn't know what I was talking about when I used the term "cushion shield" ) took a look and asked if I had bought the car there. Then told me it wasn't just a missing screw. I had broken it and it was not covered under warranty. Told him all I have done is to sit in the seat and there was no excessive damage done buy me.

Insisted I would have to pay for the repair and parts. Wondering if this should not bee covered by warranty. I didn't buy an extended warranty.

I have gone to this dealership for an oil change and the first major warranty service, but not sure they want my business.

Thank and glad to have found this site.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Any way that you can get part numbers from him (or the parts from your car) and buy them online? If you want to do it yourself that is. And it depends what warranty you have. I believe the standard warranty is usually just drive train...someone else may be able to give more insight.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jfeld. I do have a Toyota parts list and tried to put it in the original post, but R4W wouldn't allow the link. Not sure if I was doing something wrong, so removed it.
Thinking you might be right as to not being warrantied.

Tried to include link again for parts, but I can't post with link included.

P.S. love the red.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,716 Posts
This is total BS!!! The seat is covered under the 3 year/36,000 mile (60,000 km?) bumper-to-bumper factory warranty. If that dealership won't fix it, go to another Toyota dealership and ask them to repair it under warranty. My driver's seat frame had a little squeak when I went around corners, and my dealership replaced it no questions asked.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts