Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Rav4 owners,

I've owned a 1999 rav4 L for about a month now and I really like it so I've decided to keep it. I found it for a good price because it had several problems (mostly electrical and drivetrain) I've since fixed. It has 177k miles on it with a few scrapes and scratches which I don't mind. It runs strong for being so old but I'm probably going to change the engine anyhow. I've got a lot of experience with the various 3SG(T)E platforms so it'll probably end up with one of those. Most likely the ST215 since it's easy to work with.

I've spent quite a bit to get it back to oem specs but it's totally worth it. It's like having a celica with ground clearance and utility :) Here's a few pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
551 Posts
Hi Rav4 owners,

I've owned a 1999 rav4 L for about a month now and I really like it so I've decided to keep it. I found it for a good price because it had several problems (mostly electrical and drivetrain) I've since fixed. It has 177k miles on it with a few scrapes and scratches which I don't mind. It runs strong for being so old but I'm probably going to change the engine anyhow. I've got a lot of experience with the various 3SG(T)E platforms so it'll probably end up with one of those. Most likely the ST215 since it's easy to work with.

I've spent quite a bit to get it back to oem specs but it's totally worth it. It's like having a celica with ground clearance and utility :) Here's a few pics.
Your rav4 looks like a definite offroad vehicle with the fat tires.
the '16 i have can't decide if it's a street car or offroad car.
have low profile tires on mine currently 'cause the rims are 18"

·
Registered
71 Posts
Wow, very impressive for 1999!

Mechanic? maybe can work on my car someday and I'll more than happy to pay you for your time, lol.

Welcome!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, very impressive for 1999!

Mechanic? maybe can work on my car someday and I'll more than happy to pay you for your time, lol.

Welcome!
Thanks. I was a performance shop mechanic for over 15 years. For the last few I've been running an automotive/motorsports wiring business. Basically I rewire track cars and make engine swap harnesses 90% of the time. I also do ems tuning but only by appointment. But I'm not here to try and make money so enough about that.

Like I said I'm very familiar with the 3S platforms. I've wired a lot of them for customers but also in my own cars. My last MR2 had a 3sge beams which was pretty great. My current drift car's powerplant is based on the ST215 as well. Let's just say compared to converting the 3sgte to RWD tossing one in the rav4 will be a cakewalk :) Here's a pic of the aforementioned 3S in my drift car

Anyhow, cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your rav4 looks like a definite offroad vehicle with the fat tires.
the '16 i have can't decide if it's a street car or offroad car.
have low profile tires on mine currently 'cause the rims are 18"
M<aybe have 2 sets of wheels and make it both!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts